Subject: [dnssd] WGLC for draft-ietf-dnssd-prireq

From: "Ray Hunter (v6ops)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 12:12:47 +0100

Hi,

I've read this draft 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-prireq-02 and find it 
useful for raising awareness of security issues regarding browsing and 
resolving services.

I only have one comment.

The draft specifically mentions DNS-SD [RFC6763] over mDNS [RFC6762] as 
the target for the discussion.

Question: Is [RFC7558] explicitly excluded from the scope of this draft, 
implicitly included, or should be explicitly included?

There are similarities, but there are also differences (on wired 
networks, and where the message potentially traverses multiple networks)

e.g. section 6.6 of RFC7558 states /it should be possible to configure 
one or more "safe" zones in which mobile devices may automatically 
register their services."/ as a potential mitigation.

I think this should be clarified, as there is some overlap.

-- 
regards,
RayH
<https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=siglink&utm_campaign=reach>