Subject: [dnssd] IPR on draft-ietf-dnssd-prireq

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 14:29:05 -0800

Hi Daniel, Christian,

I am writing a shepherd's review of draft-ietf-dnssd-prireq in order to
submit it to the IESG.

Please both reply-all to this email stating whether you are aware of any
Intellectual Property Rights related to draft-ietf-dnssd-prireq. (Details
of the IETF policies on this topic can be found in BCP 78 and BCP 79).

To everyone else in the WG, please reply only if you are aware of any IPR.

Thanks,
David

---

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 17:43:02 -1000

I am not aware of IPR directly related to draft-ietf-dnssd-prireq.

The draft lists a set of requirements for performing private discovery,
and I am not aware of patent applications or other IPR applying
generally to this problem statement. On the other hand, I am aware of
attempts to find and patent solution to related problems. I am listed as
an inventor on related patents filed by my former employer, Microsoft:
"Gateway Advertisement in a Wireless Mesh" (US Patent Application
#20170034773) and "DISCOVERING AND PROTECTING DATA STREAMS IN MULTI-PATH
COMMUNICATION ENVIRONMENTS" (US Patent Application #20180152976). I do
not believe that this patents directly apply to draft-ietf-dnssd-prireq.

-- Christian Huitema

On 1/8/2020 12:29 PM, David Schinazi wrote:
> Hi Daniel, Christian,
>
> I am writing a shepherd's review of draft-ietf-dnssd-prireq in order
> to submit it to the IESG.
>
> Please both reply-all to this email stating whether you are aware of
> any Intellectual Property Rights related to draft-ietf-dnssd-prireq.
> (Details of the IETF policies on this topic can be found in BCP 78 and
> BCP 79).
>

---

From: Daniel KAISER <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:53:34 +0100

I, too, am not aware of IPR related to draft-ietf-dnssd-prireq.

On 1/9/20 4:43 AM, Christian Huitema wrote:
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> This e-mail can not be trusted due to SPF/DKIM validation failed.
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

-- 

Dr. Daniel Kaiser
Research Associate
SnT- Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust

University of Luxembourg
Maison du Nombre (MNO)
6, avenue de la Fonte
L-4364 Esch-sur-Alzette
Office: E02 0225-010

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 11:29:48 -0800

Thank you Christian and Daniel. I have submitted the draft to the IESG for
publication.

David