Subject: [dnssd] RFC 8765 on DNS Push Notifications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 21:29:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8765

        Title:      DNS Push Notifications 
        Author:     T. Pusateri,
                    S. Cheshire
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnssd-push-25.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8765

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8765

The Domain Name System (DNS) was designed to return matching records
efficiently for queries for data that are relatively static.  When
those records change frequently, DNS is still efficient at returning
the updated results when polled, as long as the polling rate is not
too high. But, there exists no mechanism for a client to be
asynchronously notified when these changes occur.  This document
defines a mechanism for a client to be notified of such changes to
DNS records, called DNS Push Notifications.

This document is a product of the Extensions for Scalable DNS Service Discovery Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC