Subject: [e2md] re E2MD use cases

From: "PFAUTZ, PENN L (ATTCORP)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:45:02 -0500

Bernie:

I won't be able to attend the BOF (sigh) but have heard of one use case
that might be of interest:

Some carriers have expressed an interest in being able to make (least
cost) routing decisions based on certain characteristics associated with
a number. They might, for example, choose a different route based on its
ability to support certain features a call might invoke. A cheaper route
might be chosen  if it were determined those features aren't supported
on that number anyway.

Getting this kind of info about a number is not something that the E2U
URI scheme supports well and something that E2MD might.

Penn Pfautz

AT&T Access Management

+1-732-420-4962

-----Original Message-----

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Bernie Hoeneisen

Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 3:47 PM

To: E.164 To MetaData BOF discussion list

Subject: [e2md] Request for input on market need evidence for E2MD

Hi,

Again, welcome to the E2MD mailing list! Looking at the subscriber's
list 

I am positively surprised how many people are interested in this topic.

Now the hard work starts...

I have requested a BoF for IETF-77 in Anaheim.

   http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki#RAI

If we want this BoF to be successful, some questions need to be 

addressed before Anaheim. The most important one is:

   We need clear evidence on this mailing list that there is

   a real market need for E2MD (E.164 To MetaData). (!)

So, please send your needs, use cases, requirements, implementation 

intentions, experiences or whatever helps demonstrating the market need 

for E2MD to this mailing list now!

I am looking forward to your input!

cheers,

  Bernie

_______________________________________________

e2md mailing list

[email-masked]

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/e2md

Penn Pfautz

AT&T Access Management

+1-732-420-4962