Subject: [e2md] E2MD discussions in Maastricht

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 23:22:12 +0200 (CEST)

Hi E2MD:ers

For your information:

After our last conference call I talked to our AD (Gonzalo) about the
possibilities to discuss e2md in Maastricht.  We agreed to allocate an
ENUM WG slot for this purpose.

This discussion will be around problem statement / requirements / use
cases (short term requirements only), to produce an agreeable charter
for a WG to be formed later-on.

There will be a 2nd discussion in the form of a Bar BoF that will
focus on how to deal with all the objections we got in Anaheim.

[If anybody wants to discuss about long term requirements (source
dependent answers, big size DNS RR and other highly controversial
topics), feel free to request a separate Bar BoF in Maastricht.]

Note:
The fact that the 1st discussion takes place in the ENUM WG might be
misunderstood as bypassing the normal IETF process.
Just to make it clear: Wherever the E2MD work is going to end up, the
(approval) process for chartering this work will be just the same.

cheers,
  Bernie

--

http://ucom.ch/
Tech Consulting for Internet Standardization