Subject: [Sipping-emergency] agenda items for ecrit

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:28:19 -0400

First of all, thanks to everyone who volunteered to chair the BoF. Allison
and I feel that for this initial meeting, it is probably more valuable for
everyone on this list to be able to appear as a participant and a supporter
of moving this effort forward.

Accordingly, for the BoF, the chairs will be myself and Hannes Tschofenig.
Obviously, if this effort does go forward into a working group, I at least
won't be continuing as a chair. Also, this will make Allison the responsible
AD for the BoF.

Hannes and I are working on organizing an agenda request now. What we need
most is some actual content, of course. Is anyone in this list interested in
being a presenter, and if so, on what topics? We probably won't be asking
for a lot of time, and Hannes and I will present the proposed charter
itself, but it would be nice to have a small handful of focus presentations
on the existing and/or planned work that the group would take on.
Presentations should be focused on requirements/problem space rather than
solutioning.

Let us know.

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.

_______________________________________________
Sipping-emergency mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping-emergency

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:45:30 -0400

I would be willing to present on the problem space in North America and how
they are handled now. Nate might be a better presenter for that but I don't
think he can be there.  

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:sipping-emergency-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Peterson, Jon
> Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 1:28 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: 'Tschofenig Hannes'
> Subject: [Sipping-emergency] agenda items for ecrit
> 
>

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:47:34 -0400

I would be delighted to present a summary of requirements (both those 
imposed by emergency service needs and those suggested by the likely 
future voice architecture) and a broad division of the problem space; as 
you know, I've been drafting these for a few years...

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:14:58 -0700

I'd also be happy to present.  I'm not sure whether what I'd like to discuss
is actually "requirements", as Henning has volunteered for below, but
more "considerations".  There are clearly a number of design constraints
in this problem space, and I'd like to put together a presentation that
explores the ones of which I'm aware and starts the process of working
towards consensus on how those constraints will circumscribe the
work of the group.
			Ted

At 1:47 PM -0400 10/15/04, Henning Schulzrinne wrote:
>I would be delighted to present a summary of requirements (both 
>those imposed by emergency service needs and those suggested by the 
>likely future voice architecture) and a broad division of the 
>problem space; as you know, I've been drafting these for a few 
>years...
>
>Peterson, Jon wrote: