Subject: [Ecrit] SIP End Office Feature Server/Registrar sending out LNP or subscribed#?

From: "Mimi Tam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:46:01 -0400

Will a SIP Feature Server where a SIP endpoint is registered to and made
a 911 call sends out the LNP# in the INVITE as the caller's number or
the subscriber# that a VoIP carrier provides?

If it sends out the subscriber# on the original INVITE, a routing Proxy
on the call path will have to look up a database to find a match for
this subscriber# to get the LNP to use as the DN/ANI to be outpulsed out
to say, a CAMA trunk down the line to a PSAP.

Any info on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks...Mimi Tam

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Rosen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:10 PM
To: Mimi Tam; 'ECRIT'
Subject: RE: Which NENA i2, please? -- (RE: [Ecrit] SIP to CAS/MF CAMA
trunks)

The i2 spec is still in NENA internal review and is not available on the
public website yet, sorry.

Briefly, a special service provider called a "VoIP Positioning Center"
will
take the location from the caller and consult a database that returns a
route to the correct PSAP from a street address.  It will also retain
the
location for subsequent ALI query.  It returns the route code and an
"Emergency Services Query Key" which the VoIP carrier uses as ANI when
the
call is placed through the gateway to the correct selective router.  The
ESQK will cause the call to be routed to the right gateway and thence to
the
right PSAP.  Since it is ANI, the PSAP will query the ALI with the ESQK.
The ALI database provider will steer the query to the VPC that allocated
the
ESQK, and the VPC will respond with the location of the caller.  This is
very similar to how mobile E911 works in North America (the Mobile
Position
Center -MPC- allocates an ESRK to a call, which is steered back to it
for
response).  The interface between the ALI and the MPC/VPC is called
"e2+"
and is documented in NENA 05-001, which is on the NENA website.

We don't expect most VoIP carriers to run their own VPCs, because among
other things, a VPC needs a relationship with 6000+ PSAPs for nationwide
coverage, but they could.  The interface between the VoIP carrier and
the
VPC could be all SIP (with location in a PIDF-LO) or what the i2 spec
calls
the "V2" interface which is an XML based query (location in, route code
and
ESQK out).

This is all very North American centric and out of scope for ecrit.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Mimi Tam [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:03 AM
To: Brian Rosen; ECRIT
Subject: Which NENA i2, please? -- (RE: [Ecrit] SIP to CAS/MF CAMA
trunks)

Thanks so much Brian for the confirmation.

I did look at NENA Specs but did not come across the specifics on how
Location should be made to show up in the ALI database query. Could you
provide me a link to the NENA i2 Spec with the solutionb that you
mentioned in your previous e-mail?

Thanks again & much obliged...Mimi

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Rosen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 8:58 AM
To: Mimi Tam; ECRIT
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] SIP to CAS/MF CAMA trunks

It can't.  Location doesn't come across the CAMA trunk. You have to take

off the location and make it show up in the ALI database query. See the 
NENA i2 solutionb for how this will work.

Brian

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:58:39 -0400

You really need to get these questions answered on a NENA list, and not this
list.

You use the subscribers actual phone number in the "From:".

There are fields in the SS7 for both the subscribers number, used as the
call back number, and the ESQK query key which will be used for the ALI dip.
There would not be an entry in the ALI for the subscriber because most VoIP
systems allow both nomadic operation and non-local TN assignment.  LNP is
the least of the problems.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Mimi Tam
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:46 PM
To: ECRIT
Subject: [Ecrit] SIP End Office Feature Server/Registrar sending out LNP
orsubscribed#?

Thanks...Mimi Tam

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Rosen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:10 PM
To: Mimi Tam; 'ECRIT'
Subject: RE: Which NENA i2, please? -- (RE: [Ecrit] SIP to CAS/MF CAMA
trunks)

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Mimi Tam [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:03 AM
To: Brian Rosen; ECRIT
Subject: Which NENA i2, please? -- (RE: [Ecrit] SIP to CAS/MF CAMA
trunks)

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Rosen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 8:58 AM
To: Mimi Tam; ECRIT
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] SIP to CAS/MF CAMA trunks

Brian