Subject: [Ecrit] SIP to CAS/MF CAMA trunks

From: "Mimi Tam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:27:20 -0400

I have a SIP E9-1-1 caller to an End Office which directed the call to a
SIP Proxy sitting in front of a packet network where a CAMA trunk is
connected to an E9-1-1 Tandem.

The originated 911 call is via VoIP and is in SIP. Signaling comes into
this packet network and gets converted to in-band CAS/MF R1 Signaling
before being trunked onto this CAMA trunk connected to the E9-1-1
Office.

My question is how can the Location info be converted into CAS/MF
Signaling onto this CAMA trunk?

Thanks very much in advance....Mimi

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:58:12 -0400

It can't.  Location doesn't come across the CAMA trunk. You have to take 
off the location and make it show up in the ALI database query. See the 
NENA i2 solutionb for how this will work.

Brian