Subject: RE: [Ecrit] WG: R4 SHOULD or MUST in I-D:draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-requirements-00.txt

From: "Roger Marshall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:16:55 -0700

Proposed clarification on R4.  I plan to change R4, from the ambiguous
SHOULD/MUST language to a "MUST".  This change reflects the objective
described in the first part of the "Motivation" text.

So, the requirement changes FROM:

R4.  Multiple Modes: Multiple communication modes, including Multimedia
data and services SHOULD/MUST be supported.</t>

TO:

R4.  Multiple Modes: Multiple communication modes, including Multimedia
data and services MUST be supported.</t>

Note: Motivation text is not changed.

<t>Motivation: Emergency calling MUST support a variety of media, not
just 
voice and TDD (telecommunication device for the deaf) beyond the 
capabilities of  current limitations.  Such additional media should 
include conversational text, instant messaging and video.  In addition,
it 
should be possible to convey telemetry data, such as data from 
automobile crash sensors.</t>

-roger.

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit