Subject: RE: [Ecrit] WG: Action items needed forI-D:draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-requirements-00.txt

From: "Roger Marshall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:24:09 -0700

A couple more editing changes to the next version of the ecrit
requirements draft, which will be posted shortly:

1. Renaming of the section titled, "Identifying the Appropriate
Emergency Call Center" to "Identifying the Appropriate PSAP", based on
prior terminology consolidation already agreed to.

2. Reslot those requirements which refer to "the mapping protocol" from
the section titled, "Identifying the Caller Location", into the section
(now titled) "Identifying the Appropriate PSAP".  These requirements
will be relabeled as I40, I41, and I42 (originally labeled L9, L31, and
L32 and as stated below):

L9.  The mapping protocol MUST be extensible to allow 
for the inclusion of new location fields.

Motivation: This is needed, for example, to accommodate future 
extensions to location information that might be included in the 
PIDF-LO.

L31.  Split responsibility: The mapping protocol MUST 
allow that within a single level of the civic address hierarchy,
multiple 
mapping servers handle subsets of the data elements.

Motivation: For example, two directories for the same city or county 
may handle different streets within that city or county.

L32.  The mapping function MUST be able to be invoked 
at any time, including while an emergency call is in process.

Roger Marshall

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:48:22 -0400

We need to differentiate SD1 from L9.  I therefore suggest that SD1 be 
rewritten to say:

"The format both of the query and of the result returned by the protocol 
must be extensible to accommodate new types of information."

The motivation can stay the same.

> extensions to location information that might be included in the 
...