Subject: [Ecrit] Reading List for the Interim Meeting

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 01:14:24 +0100

hi all, 

please do not forget to read the working group documents: 
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/Interim2006/ecrit-interim.txt

additionally, take a look at: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-0
1.txt

if you still have time you might want to take a look at ongoing
emergency work by the 3gpp:
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/23_series/23.867/23867-710.zip

ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:43:55 -0600

>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-0

I hope to have a new version of this ID out before the interim. A lot of 
what's said in -01 will be in -02, it'll just be said differently (more 
succinct, better arranged, etc).  Plus I have a plan to take all the fully 
decoded message flow examples into a separate SIPPING ID.

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:18:19 +0100

hi james, 

thanks for this information. why would you like to split the examples into a separate document?

maybe you can briefly give us an overview what is needed to finish this document. 

ciao
hannes

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Im Auftrag von James M. Polk
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006 01:44
> An: [email-masked]
> Betreff: Re: [Ecrit] Reading List for the Interim Meeting
>

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:08:25 -0600

>thanks for this information. why would you like to split the examples into 

Hannes - to remove nearly all the message decodes from the doc. I have now 
only full message decodes (including full PIDF-LO message bodies showing 
either coordinate or civic locations) in every SIP Request message.  I 
think that may be a little too much.  I was moving the fully decoded flows 
to a series of Appendices, but that still seems clumbersome.  So the 
thought now is to more those into a usage examples type document in SIPPING.

>maybe you can briefly give us an overview what is needed to finish this 

well, right now I have the document arranged in this way

I need to rearrange the doc from the UAC's, then the UAS's, and then the 
Proxy Server's points of view, each with their own section.