Subject: [Ecrit] Moving sipping-sos draft to ECRIT WG

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:20:10 +0100

Hi all, 

at the last IETF meeting I had a discussion with the SIPPING chairs
about a home for the draft-schulzrinne-sipping-service-01.txt draft.
During this discussion draft-ietf-sipping-sos-01.txt was also mentioned
and we thought that it could be a good idea to move the
draft-ietf-sipping-sos-01.txt to the ECRIT working group.

Since Henning is currently working on the draft update (based on the
recent mailing list discusions) we would like know whether there are
some objections against moving the draft-ietf-sipping-sos-01.txt draft
from the SIPPING WG to the ECRIT WG.

Ciao
Hannes/Marc

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:52:17 -0800

Hi, Hannes,

The fact that sos is a sipping document is an accident, in
my records.  I did not take it through a charter approval.

My opinion:
I think you should not move the sos draft to ecrit unless
the technology is adopted as a WG item.  Your discussion
with the SIPPING WG chairs is not the same thing as
the ECRIT WG expressing the goal to adopt a document and
then it becoming chartered (if needed) and a WG doc.

I think it would be reasonable for Henning to change
the i-d name of the draft to

  draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-sos

so it would show up in the ecrit-related documents. 

Allison