Subject: Re: [Ecrit] re: I-D ACTION:draft-taylor-ecrit-security-threats-01.txt

From: Murugaraj Shanmugam <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:53:32 +0100

Hi all,

the interim meeting is getting closer and Hannes asked me to summarize the
changes after Steven Kent's draft review (provided after IETF#64). Based on
his feedback we produced the current draft version
draft-taylor-ecrit-security-threats-01.txt.

The crux of Steven's comments is as follows:

a) The draft should explain the architecture of the emergency calling
functionality, describe the operation model, present the threat model with
different classes of  adversaries, motivations and their capabilities  and
articulate the security requirments.

b) No counter measures should be discussed in this draft, since the  counter
measures were not  self-explanatory.

As a consequence this version of the draft has been rewritten from the
scratch to reflect Steven Kent's comments.

* Emergency call routing system overview to describe the operation of the
model,

* listed and discussed the diffenrent variants of potenial attacks,

* presented the security requirements with respect to the emergency model
described in this document.

* removed the discussion of countermeasures.

A more detailed mail was sent to the list at the end of last year:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg01251.html

ciao,
Raj
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit