Subject: [Ecrit] draft-ietf-ecrit-security-threats-01.txt

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:27:10 +0200

Hi all,

Tom has submitted a new draft version of "Security Threats and 
Requirements for Emergency Call Marking and Mapping":

Abstract

    This document reviews the security threats associated with the two
    current work items of the ECRIT Working Group.  The first is the
    marking of signalling messages to indicate that they are related to
    an emergency.  The second is the process of mapping from locations to
    Universal Resource Identifiers (URIs) pointing to Public Safety
    Answering Points (PSAPs).  This mapping occurs as part of the process
    of routing emergency calls through the IP network.  Based on the
    threats, this document establishes a set of security requirements for
    the the mapping protocol and for the handling of emergency-marked
    calls.

Please find the draft at:
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/draft-ietf-ecrit-security-threats-01.txt

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:36:50 -0400

The changes between -00 and -01 are as follows:

1) Straightened out some awkward language in a couple of spots, 
particularly in the last few sentences of section 3.

2) Changed "ASP/VSP" to "service provider", in line with my response to 
Radhika Roy's request. Since the term was used only in connection with 
the fraud threat, the more generic term "service provider" applying to 
the defrauded entity should be unambiguous.

3) Most importantly, changed "the protocol" to "the protocol or the 
system within which it is implemented" in the requirements where it made 
sense.

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 18:09:07 +0200

Hi all,

we are now starting the Working Group Last Call on
the "Security Threats and Requirements for Emergency Call Marking and 
Mapping" document. Here is the URL:

http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/draft-ietf-ecrit-security-threats-01.txt
(The draft should appear in the archive very soon.)

The WGLC will end on April 28th, 2006. Please review
this document and post your review results to the list (even if
you found no complaints).

Ciao
Hannes & Marc

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:19:17 +0200

Reminder: Please review the document!

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:37:33 +0200