Subject: Re: [Ecrit] ANI

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:45:51 EDT

In a message dated 4/11/2006 1:39:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [email-masked]  
writes:

Byron  Smith wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, has there ever been in any attempt  to solve the 
>> home/visited emergency dial plan issue in the  Wireless E911 space?
>>
>>  -andy
>>
>>
> Perhaps I slightly over-stated the  situation.
> 
> A good many 911 tandem to PSAP trunks are  "enhanced MF", or 10 digits.  
> In Indiana, probably 98% of the  PSAPs are 10-digit MF trunks.
> 
> However, from local exchange  office / or MSC to 911 tandem, easily the 
> majority, probably 80%, are  8 digit, with the NPD = 0, unless they are 
> using ISUP trunks.   If SS7 ISUP, then it is 10 digit. 
> Again, in Indiana, only about 15%  of the incoming trunks to the 911 
> tandem are ISUP.  The rest are  MF.   Out of 17 wireline 911 tandems in 
> the state, only 3  are SS7 capable.  Probably only about 5% of the 
> inter-tandem MF  trunks are 10-digits, because few of the originating 
> switches support  anything other than 0 + 7 digits for MF outpulsing.

Byron,

I  made a slight context switch there and didn't adequately state the  
question.  I was not actually asking about the routing aspect of a  
visited emergency number, though that is an issue.  I was actually  
wondering about the recognition of a home emergency number being used in  
a visited network.  As in, if I dial 112 in North America, does the  
network recognize 112 as an emergency phone number.  I was just  curious 
if there were any attempts to solve this problem in the cellular  phone 
space.

-andy

It is my understanding that with at least one GSM provider (T-Mobile) 1-1-2  
translates to 9-1-1 in US/Canada and vice-versa in Europe.
 
Rick

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing  list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit