Subject: [Ecrit] Requirements Issue 38 - MA5

From: "Marc Linsner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:43:17 -0400

In an attempt to clear up the complaint that this req. doesn't contain
enough information.

Current:

Ma5.  URI alternate contact: The mapping protocol MUST support the return of
a URI or contact method explicitly marked as an alternate contact.

Motivation: In response to a mapping request, the mapping server may return
an alternate URI.  Implementation details to be described within an
operational document.

Proposed:

Ma5.  URI alternate contact: In addition to returning a primary contact, the
mapping protocol MUST support the return of a URI or contact method
explicitly marked as an alternate contact.

Motivation: In response to a mapping request, the mapping server may return
an alternate URI.  Implementation details to be described within an
operational document.

Comments?

-Marc-

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Shida Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:52:22 -0700

Hi Marc;

I am probably just ignorant but which URI alternate contact is being
talked about here? Is this URI for more appropriate LOST server for
the location in request or is it PSAP's URI? If it's PSAP isn't this
already
covered with Ma16?

Is there anyway to indicate the protocol in use? If I am using XMPP but
the LOST server only returns URI for SIP I will have no way to contact
PSAP. This might be out of scope, but if ECRIT is to be used by protocols
other than SIP, it seems necessary to have this capability. This is
probably
been discussed in the past, and I apologize if I am digging the same thing
once again.

Thanks & Regards
Shida

---

From: Shida Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 00:22:14 -0700

Sorry I re-read the introduction and realized that the current spec is
heavily dependent on SIP, so please forget my second comment.

Regards
Shida