Subject: [Ecrit] Rechartering Discussion

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:29:55 +0200

Hi all,

at the last ECRIT WG meeting we had a discussion about rechartering. Jon 
  indicated that it might be a good time to start a discussion about the 
text. Here is a first attempt:

-------------

March 2006	  	Informational RFC containing terminology
definitions and the requirements

(Draft: "Requirements for Emergency Context Resolution with Internet 
Technologies"; draft-ietf-ecrit-requirements-*)

May 2006	  	An Informational document describing the threats
and security considerations

(Example document: "Security Threats and Requirements for Emergency Call 
Marking and Mapping"; draft-taylor-ecrit-security-threats-*)

March 2006	  	A Standards Track RFC describing how to identify
a session set-up request is to an emergency response center

(Draft: "A Uniform Resource Name (URN) for Services"; 
draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-*)

Nov 2006	  	A Standards Track RFC describing how to route an
emergency call based on location information

(Example document: "LoST: A Location-to-Service Translation Protocol"; 
draft-hardie-ecrit-lost-*)

TBD TBD           An Informational document describing the Mapping 
Protocol Architecture

(Example document: "Location-to-URL Mapping Architecture and Framework";
draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-mapping-arch-*)

TBD TBD           An Informational document describing the ECRIT 
Architecture

(Example documents are draft-schulzrinne-sipping-emergency-arch-02.txt 
and draft-polk-newton-ecrit-arch-considerations-02.txt)

TBD TBD           A BCP RFC describing the emergency call support for 
devices.

(Example document: "Best Current Practice for Communications Services in 
support of Emergency Calling"; draft-rosen-ecrit-phonebcp-*)

-------------

Please note that the milestone date is missing for the last 3 items. I 
would like to solicit input from the group: When can we finish these 
documents?

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:49:39 -0500

Hannes

Brian and I are working on the last item listed, so we know we can finish 
that one.

I know the design team will churn out an Arch ID, so that one can be finished.

I have no input, other than review and comments, into Hennings LUMP Arch ID.

At 09:29 PM 4/18/2006 +0200, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>at the last ECRIT WG meeting we had a discussion about rechartering. 
>Jon  indicated that it might be a good time to start a discussion about 
>the text. Here is a first attempt:
>
>-------------
>
>TBD TBD           An Informational document describing the ECRIT Architecture
>
>(Example documents are draft-schulzrinne-sipping-emergency-arch-02.txt and 
>draft-polk-newton-ecrit-arch-considerations-02.txt)
>
>TBD TBD           A BCP RFC describing the emergency call support for devices.
>
>would like to solicit input from the group: When can we finish these documents?
>
>Ciao
>Hannes
>

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:31:25 +0200

Hi James,

James M. Polk wrote:
> Hannes
> 
> Brian and I are working on the last item listed, so we know we can 
> finish that one.

When do you realistically expect such a document to be finished? Since 
it is a BCP I don't expect to get it done soon. Maybe March 2007 could 
be realistic? It certainly has to be some time after the mapping 
protocol and the location conveyance draft.

Ciao
Hannes

>> Jon  indicated that it might be a good time to start a discussion 
>> about the text. Here is a first attempt:
>>
>> -------------
>>
>> (Example document: "Security Threats and Requirements for Emergency 
>> Call Marking and Mapping"; draft-taylor-ecrit-security-threats-*)
>>
>> (Example document: "Best Current Practice for Communications Services 
>> in support of Emergency Calling"; draft-rosen-ecrit-phonebcp-*)
>>
>> -------------
>>

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:19:49 -0500

At 09:31 AM 4/19/2006 +0200, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
>When do you realistically expect such a document to be finished? Since it 
>is a BCP I don't expect to get it done soon. Maybe March 2007 could be 
>realistic?

I would think anytime between Dec 06 and March 07 would be realistic.

>It certainly has to be some time after the mapping protocol and the 
>location conveyance draft.

Location Conveyance is (hopefully) going to WGLC within 2 months, so it is 
not that far away - therefore this ID will not be the holding up the BCP here.