Subject: RE: [Ecrit] ANI

From: "Abbott, Nadine B" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:54:52 -0400

Hi, Andy,

Originally, ANI was used in North America for billing purposes and was 7
or 1+7 digits, as you indicate.  When this was adapted to deliver
calling number to PSAPs, this 1+7 form was used. Some years ago this
began to be upgraded to delivery of 10-digit ANI (including NPA) to
PSAPs, but has not occurred everywhere. 

Nadine   

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Andrew Newton
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ecrit] ANI

For the purposes of drawing similarities to current E-911, is the From
header or the Contact header to be analogous to the ANI?

And a slightly off-topic question... I've run into references to ANI
stating it is 8 digits, 7 for the local phone number and 1 short code
representing area code.  Does anybody know if this is still the case?

-andy

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit