Subject: [Ecrit] WG Status Update

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:51:35 +0100

Hi all,

I think we did a lot of work in the past few months to finish our 
documents as initially planned. Still, it takes a bit longer. Here are 
recent activities we would like to mention:

* Reviews
-----------

To improve the quality of the documents we need more feedback and 
require more discussion input. We have reached a state in the life cycle 
of our working group where the work focuses on details that require more 
thoughts (and more time). Hence, it might appear that it is not always 
easy to provide feedback. Just try it - don't be reluctant.

We have triggered reviews from different sources: inside the IETF and 
outside.

At the last IETF meeting we have selected a few expert reviewers. Many 
reviews are still pending.

We have also sent requests for reviews to VoIP providers. We hope to see 
some responses soon.

With respect to some architectural issues we are also hoping to get 
input from the IEEE. We are therefore planning to organize an 
information sharing event with them. Here is the plan: We are going to 
request a longer ECRIT (and potentially GEOPRIV) working group slot at 
the next IETF meeting to have time for presentations by IEEE members. A 
few ECRIT WG members will attend one of the next IEEE meetings.

We might also need to trigger Keith to organize another phone conference 
call to discuss further details between the 3GPP and TISPAN.

* SDO Emergency Services Coordination Workshop
-----------------------------------------------------

We have started with the organization of the next workshop. The program 
chairs are Hannu Hietalahti (3GPP), Harry Worstell,  Stephen McCann 
(IEEE), Christian Militeau (ATIS/ESIF), Jenny Hansen (US DOT), Henning 
Schulzrinne, Marc Linsner, and myself.

Details are obviously still in progress. We will keep you informed as we 
make progress.

* IAB Involvement
-------------------

We are trying to interact with the IAB to make them aware of the 
architectural aspects and the challenges of our work. We are convinced 
that the IAB is a good source for feedback. Thanks to Bernhard and Dan 
for helping us to get something arranged.

For more information regarding the current working group status take a 
look at: 
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/twiki/bin/view/EmergencyServices/IetfEcritRoadMap

Ciao
Hannes & Marc

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit