Subject: [Ecrit] lost -03

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:52:20 -0500

All,

At the urging of the co-chairs, the LoST author team just submitted  
-03 of draft-ietf-ecrit-lost.  Until it hits the repository, you can  
view it here:

txt version:
   http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/svn/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost/draft-ietf- 
ecrit-lost-03.txt
html version:
   http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/svn/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost/draft-ietf- 
ecrit-lost-03.html

You can find a side-by-side comparison of -02 and -03 here:

longish url version:
   http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/svn/ 
draft-ietf-ecrit-lost/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-02.txt&url2=http:// 
www.tschofenig.priv.at/svn/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost/draft-ietf-ecrit- 
lost-03.txt

tinyurl verson:
   http://tinyurl.com/3x6yzk

This version incorporates many, many of the changes talked about at  
the last IETF meeting and on this list since the publication of -02.   
At high level, they are:

o New <mapping> element which holds the important result data, and  
the ability to have multiple of <mapping> elements.  Not only does  
this organize the data better, it will better enable re-use of these  
items in other specs (such as the fg-to-fg syncing spec) and with  
future things like XML DSig.

o As discussed in San Diego, the errors and warnings have been  
reworked to be much more compartmentalized.

o Address validation is separated out.

o Requests and responses now have a new <path> element which contains  
the <via> elements.  This better enables loop detection.

o The <listServices> query has had the location version separated out  
into a new query called <listServicesByLocation>.

o ... and much, much more.

Be the first kid on the block to pull this draft down to your browser!

-andy

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit