Subject: [Ecrit] ATIS Liaison

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 15:42:04 +0100

Dear IAB members,

recently, ATIS released emergency service documents (ESMI and EISI 
standards, see attachment) and Christian Militeau (ATIS/ESIF TF34 Chair) 
kindly offered the possibility to make the mentioned ATIS documents 
available for the ECRIT working group.

An official liaison letter to ATIS is need for this purpose.

Do we have an active liaison to ATIS? If not, is there an easy and fast 
way to setup a liaison so that the ECRIT working group can review the 
documents?

Ciao
Hannes & Marc

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
Behalf Of ATIS
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 12:11 PM
Subject: ATIS PRESS RELEASE: ATIS Releases Suite of IP-based Emergency 
Services Standards

ATIS Releases Suite of IP-based Emergency Services Standards
December 4, 2006, Washington ? ATIS today announced the availability of 
its newly developed suite of IP-based Emergency Services Network Interface 
(ESNI) standards that will enable the expansion of E9-1-1 services and 
functionality within the Next Generation Network (NGN). 
The ESNI suite of standards includes an overall emergency services 
framework for the ESNI applications and protocols such as the Emergency 
Information Services Interface (EISI) that provide access to emergency 
services within or external to the Emergency Services Network (ESNet). The 
ESNI standards suite also includes the Emergency Services Messaging 
Interface (ESMI), released in September 2005, which provides managed 
interconnections between next generation public service answering points 
(PSAPs) and the ESNet. 

For more information, see the full release online at 
http://www.atis.org/PRESS/pressreleases2006/120406.htm. 

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 14:41:36 -0500

<I removed IAB from the distribution list>

Since the document was attached to the liaison, and available on the web at
the indicated URL, what would we get if we did get a liaison relationship
established?  They sent us the document.  We can send comment back through
Christian or any of the numberous ecrit members who have access to ATIS
contribution processes.

I am NOT opposed to a liaison relationship with NGES, I'm just trying to
avoid work.

Brian
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 9:42 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; ECRIT
> Subject: [Ecrit] ATIS Liaison
> 
> Dear IAB members,
>