Subject: [Ecrit] New Location Conveyance -06 submitted

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 17:29:17 -0600

I've submitted the -06 version of Location Conveyance for review

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-06.txt

    This document defines an extension to the Session Initiation
    Protocol (SIP) to convey geographic location information from one
    SIP entity to another SIP entity.  The extension covers end to end
    conveyance as well as location-based routing, where proxy servers
    make routing decisions based on the location of the UAC.

The changes from -05 to -06 are as follows:

    - cleaned up some inconsistencies wrt the S/MIME example in Section
      4.2

    - changed the ABNF to include the ability to indicate which SIP
      element inserted a particular location URI, and how a message
      routing server indicates which location the message was routed
      upon (based on the location in the message)

    - give examples of the above in section 5.3.1

    - changed the granular error code from a Reason header indication to
      a Warning code indication (section 3.4), and IANA registered 14
      new Warning codes in this document

    - As a consequence of the above bullet, changed the specific SIP
      element behaviors of each SIP element regarding sending or
      receiving a 424 response with a Warning header

    - Added rules about indicating which SIP element inserted a
      particular location into a message (a new Geolocation header
      parameter), as well as when a server adds another new header
      parameter indicating the request was routed based on a particular
      location included in the message

Please comment on the SIP WG list

James

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit