Subject: [Ecrit] IETF ECRIT and IEEE

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 15:59:07 +0100

Hi Bernard, Bert, Dan,

at the last "SDO Emergency Services Coordination Workshop (ESW06)" (see 
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/EmergencyWorkshop2006/) we noticed that the 
IEEE does a lot of work in the area of emergency services.

Two suggestions were made:

a) In the IETF ECRIT working group we are developing a framework 
document (see
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/draft-ietf-ecrit-framework/draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-00.txt) 

and we believe that it is important to consider link layer aspects to 
capture the big picture of emergency services. Currently, our framework 
document does not adequately address this subject. We would appreciate a 
review and help.

b) At the workshop we noticed that the details of the ongoing IEEE work 
in this space is not widely known. I wonder whether there is a chance to 
arrange a more detailed information exchange between the IETF ECRIT 
(potentially IETF GEOPRIV) working group and the respective groups 
within the IEEE. A workshop in the style of the joint IETF ECRIT / 3GPP 
Emergency Services Workshop might be useful.

We would appreciate your help to arrange a closer cooperation between 
the IETF and the IEEE regarding this subject.

Ciao
Hannes & Marc

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit