Subject: [Ecrit] Geoshapes on OGC website

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:24:42 -0600

Hi All,

At long last you can access the official Geoshapes document from the OGC
website. Thanks to Martin Thomson and Carl Reed for making this happen.

http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/bp#06-142

Cheers
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:42:42 -0500

Completely OT, but they also have a Binary XML spec (BXML).   I just  
scanned it, and it looks very interesting.  My brief $0.02:  1) I  
would probably do a lot more than just skim this spec if I knew  
exactly which parts were patent encumbered and by whom.  2) One of my  
first questions was "Why not WBXML?", and there was a section that  
actually talked to that point and that I found very agreeable.  3)  
The compromise on the endianness thing gives the worst of both  
cases.  There is a lot, I mean a lot, of code out there that knows  
and does the right thing with network byte order.  Plus, there are  
far, far more cell phones than desktop computers, and they don't run  
x86.

-andy

On Jan 25, 2007, at 8:24 PM, Winterbottom, James wrote:

> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv