Subject: [Ecrit] Important: Remember to use latest boilerplate in drafts

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:57:58 +0100

FYI

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: IETF Chair [mailto:[email-masked]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. Februar 2007 11:15
An: IETF Announcement list
Betreff: Important: Remember to use latest boilerplate in drafts

Hi,

With the submission deadlines before the Prague meeting coming up,
please remember that all drafts need to use the latest boilerplate
text (see below for details).

February 26, Monday - Internet Draft Cut-off for initial document (-00)
submission by 09:00 ET (14:00 UTC/GMT)

March 5, Monday - Internet Draft final submission cut-off by 09:00 ET
(14:00 UTC/GMT)

Thanks

    Brian Carpenter

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Internet-Draft Boilerplate Reminder
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:51:16 -0500
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

This message is to remind you that as of February 1, 2007 the IETF
Secretariat will no longer accept Internet-Drafts with the old
(i.e. pre RFC 4748) boilerplate.  For your convenience, below is
the text of the message that was sent to the IETF Announcement
List by the IETF Chair on October 26, 2006 with Subject: Update to
Internet Draft and RFC Boilerplate.

The IETF Secretariat.
--------------------------------------------------------------
A small update to BCP 78 was recently approved by the IESG as RFC 4748,
to update the boilerplate (i.e., standard legal text) in RFCs and
Internet-Drafts to recognize the IETF Trust as a rights holder,
instead of ISOC.

The actual boilerplate changes are given below this message.

Starting as soon as reasonably possible, all authors of Internet-Drafts
are requested to use the new boilerplate. The RFC Editor will in any
case be inserting it in all RFCs issued from 2006-11-01. (The rights
held by ISOC in older RFCs will be administratively transferred to
the IETF Trust.)

The public ID Nits checker already accepts I-Ds with old or new
boilerplate. The Secretariat has started accepting I-Ds with old or
new boilerplate.

XML2RFC version 1.32 will generate the new boilerplate.
Users of I-D templates are requested to update them appropriately.

http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html and
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.html are being updated.

Starting December, the public ID Nits checker will issue warnings for old
boilerplate.

Starting February 2007, the Secretariat will refuse the old boilerplate
in Internet-Drafts.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but this change cannot be avoided.

    IETF Chair
    IETF Secretariat
    TOOLS Team

--------

Copyright Notice (required for all IETF Documents)

   (Normally placed at the end of the IETF Document.)

NOTE: by convention, the first line of the copyright statement is usually
placed near the beginning of each document. This must also be updated.

OLD
      "Copyright (C) The Internet Society (year).

      This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions
      contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors
      retain all their rights.

NEW
      "Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (year).

      This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions
      contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors
      retain all their rights.

Disclaimer (required in all IETF Documents)

   (Normally placed at the end of the IETF Document after the copyright
   notice.)

OLD
      "This document and the information contained herein are provided
      on an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
      REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY AND
      THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES,
      EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT
      THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR
      ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A
      PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

NEW
      "This document and the information contained herein are provided
      on an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
      REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE
      IETF TRUST AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL
      WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY
      WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE
      ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
      FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

Exceptions

      In MIB modules, PIB modules and similar material commonly
      extracted from IETF Documents, except for material that is being
      placed under IANA maintenance, the following abbreviated notice
      shall be included in the body of the material that will be
      extracted in lieu of the notices otherwise required by Section 5:

OLD
         "Copyright (C) The Internet Society <year>.  This version of
         this MIB module is part of RFC XXXX; see the RFC itself for
         full legal notices."

NEW
         "Copyright (C) The IETF Trust <year>.  This version of
         this MIB module is part of RFC XXXX; see the RFC itself for
         full legal notices."

      When the MIB or PIB module is the initial version of a module that
      is to be maintained by the IANA, the following abbreviated notice
      shall be included:

OLD
         "Copyright (C) The Internet Society <year>.  The initial
         version of this MIB module was published in RFC XXXX; for full
         legal notices see the RFC itself.  Supplementary information
         may be available at:
         http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html."

NEW
         "Copyright (C) The IETF Trust <year>.  The initial
         version of this MIB module was published in RFC XXXX; for full
         legal notices see the RFC itself.  Supplementary information
         may be available at:
         http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html."

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit