Subject: RE: [Ecrit] Comments/Questions on draft-ietf-ecrit-03

From: "Reese, Theresa E" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:14:22 -0500

Andy, Henning, Marc - 

The NENA requirements for i3 are publicly available on the NENA website,
www.nena.org <http://www.nena.org/> , under Technical Requirements
Documents.

You will find that this document addresses emergency call routing and
location validation as separate functional elements.  You will not find
any requirements related to the physical implementation of these
functional elements (i.e., the TRD does not make any statements about
whether these functions should be implemented together or separately).
You will not find a requirement that says that the location validation
function requires the return of a URI.  

Terry

________________________________

From: Andrew Newton [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 3:33 PM
To: Henning Schulzrinne
Cc: Reese, Theresa E; ECRIT
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] Comments/Questions on draft-ietf-ecrit-03

On Feb 10, 2007, at 3:21 PM, Henning Schulzrinne wrote:

(I'm still unsure as to why separating the two functions would be a good
idea, but that's a separate discussion.)

Actually, that is a good question.  We seem to be taking stabs in the
dark regarding the satisfaction of some NENA requirements that are, to
my knowledge, not publicly available.  If NENA wants the IETF to create
a protocol that meets its requirements, they need to make the
requirements publicly available.

And I can't help but wonder why the separation of the validation
function from the mapping function is such a big deal.  My understanding
was that validation required mapping, which means returning the URI.
Otherwise trying to determine if a particular civic address is mapping
to the proper PSAP would be difficult.

-andy

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "Stark, Barbara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:59:12 -0500

To be more specific:
On www.nena.org, under "For 9-1-1 Professionals", select "Standards &
Other Documents". Or go directly to 
http://www.nena.org/pages/ContentList.asp?CTID=5
There are two relevant documents under the [Technical Requirements
Documents]. Under [Technical Information Documents], you need to scroll
down to the "VoIP Packet" section, to see some relevant documents.
Barbara

From: Reese, Theresa E [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:14 AM
To: Andrew Newton; Henning Schulzrinne; Marc Linsner
Cc: ECRIT
Subject: RE: [Ecrit] Comments/Questions on draft-ietf-ecrit-03

Andy, Henning, Marc - 

Terry

 

-andy

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. GA623