Subject: [Ecrit] Review of "DHCP-based LoST Discovery Procedure"

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:44:14 +0200

Hi all, 

In the ECRIT working group we have discovered the need to define a
discovery mechanism based on DHCP for LoST servers. Please find the
document here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-dhc-lost-discovery-
01.txt

We would appreciate the review of this document. 

Ciao
Hannes

PS: Marc has contacted the DHC chairs when we did the WGLC in ECRIT
already but I couldn't find the message anymore. Hence, I just want to
make sure that the document receives adequate review. 

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Mark Stapp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:39:01 -0400

Hannes, Marc,

just a couple of comments:

section 3: do you think it's better to spell this out, or would it be 
better to just reference DNS encoding?

section 4: there's a v4 analogue to the v6 "Option Request Option": the 
"Parameter Request List" option. you mention the v6 option in section 5, 
but don't mention the v4 option here.

section 7: you're using the mnemonic OPTION_LOST for both the v4 and v6 
option codes. would it be clearer to use OPTION_V6_LOST or something 
like that?

section 10: I think the RFC3396 ref should be 'normative', since you're 
making it mandatory.

I think you should include 1034 in the 'normative' section, since 
there's no way for the client to use the info in the option without it.

the 'LoST' protocol draft is in the 'normative' section, but I don't 
think it's needed there. you're just specifying options that point a 
client at a server: you're not requiring any LoST behavior in this 
draft, so I think the LoST reference could be informative.

the draft doesn't appear to reference 3319 or 3361, but they are 
included in the 'informative' section?

Thanks,
Mark

Tschofenig, Hannes wrote:
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg
>