Subject: [Ecrit] Review: draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch-01.txt

From: Shida Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 16:10:35 -0700

Draft: draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch-01
Reviewer: Shida Schubert
Review Date: 2007.05.09

Summary:
----------------------------------------
 - The draft looks really really good and solid and very informative 
   indeed. I think the draft is ready for WGLC if the draft was a 
   stand alone draft, but raises some questions on its value when 
   I view it as a draft providing overall picture for how mapping 
   works. 

   It may be simply because of my ignorance, but I had a really 
   hard time trying to map some of the logical entity to real 
   world deployment introduced in this draft such as forest guide.
   It would be good to expand the text a bit to show for example 
   what entity would serve forest guide and what logical entity 
   LoST server generally serves etc.

Technical Comments:
----------------------------------------
T1: Section 3, seeker. 
 - Description of the seeker seems to contradict what's 
   mentioned in the section 5. In section 3, it is clearly 
   stated that skeeker may cache mapping result for its 
   own use and not provide any mapping service to others, 
   yet section 5 mentions about outbound proxy caching the 
   mapping result to provide its user.. How would the outbound
   proxy provide the caching? I am assuming it is when it sees 
   LoST query from its user, wouldn't it be providing mapping 
   service once it's responding to a LoST query?

Editorial Comments:
----------------------------------------	
E1: Chapter 3.
 - resolver is defined twice. 

 I hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards

--
Shida Sven Schubert           
[email-masked]	PHONE: (604) 762-5606 

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit