Subject: [Ecrit] ECRIT WG Status Update

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 19:11:34 +0200

Hi all,

here is a short working group status update:
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/twiki/bin/view/EmergencyServices/EcritStatusUpdate

* WG documents

 1) LoST

Draft update necessary with respect to location profiles. It seems to be 
necessary to support a location profile that can express polygons.

ACTION ITEM: Hannes to start draft update asap.  

 2) Phone BCP

The document requires more reviews and more work. For example, text from 
SIP Location Conveyance and from PIDF-LO profile has been moved to this 
document.

A couple of expert reviews are also pending.

ACTION ITEM: Hannes to ensure that reviews are provided.

 3) Framework

The document also requires more work given that it has not seen enough 
review. The location hiding discussion needs to be reflected in the 
document as well.

After another draft update the chairs will solicit further review requests.

A couple of expert reviews are also pending.

ACTION ITEM: Hannes to ensure that reviews are provided.

 4) DHCP-based LoST discovery

Review comments from the DHC group have been provided and another WGLC 
(together with the DHC group) is necessary.

Here is my review request and 2 responses:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dhcwg/current/msg07234.html
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg03735.html
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dhcwg/current/msg07236.html

ACTION ITEM: Marc to initiate a WGLC after the draft update is available.

 5) Mapping Architecture

This document seems fairly complete and passed WGLC already. 
Unfortunately, we haven't seen a lot of review comments. 2 expert 
reviews are also missing.

ACTION ITEM: Marc to find a few reviewers.

* Review of IEEE documents

IEEE 802.11k review complete. More reviewers for other documents 
solicited. A webpage for the reviews is available here:
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/twiki/bin/view/EmergencyServices/ReviewIEEEDocuments

ACTION ITEM: Hannes to check with Robert Sparks regarding sharing the 
workload.

* Hiding (Partial) Locations Discussion

After a long discussion we have a couple of solution proposals:
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/twiki/bin/view/EmergencyServices/LocationHiding

We need to decide for a particular approach before we update our documents.

ACTION ITEM: Hannes to make a call for consensus

* Follow-Up regarding "IETF ECRIT / IEEE Information Sharing Event @ 
IETF#68"

ACTION ITEM: Hannes to initiate a discussion

* ATIS ESIF Document review

Document review and response to liaison request still not done.

ACTION ITEM: Hannes & Marc & Robert to initiate some actions.

* Charter Update

The charter update of February still hasn't been provided. In the 
meanwhile it is pretty obsolete since another charter update is required.

ACTION ITEM: Hannes to submit a new charter update.

* Follow-Up "Interact with the IAB"

The IAB Tech Chat on Emergency Services presentation took place on the 
28th February 2007. See slides here: 
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/twiki/pub/EmergencyServices/IetfEcritRoadMap/Emergency-Services.ppt

Not quite clear what needs to be done.

ACTION ITEM: Hannes to figure out what has to be done.

Ciao
Hannes & Marc

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 13:24:57 -0400

On May 6, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:

> 1) LoST
>
> Draft update necessary with respect to location profiles. It seems  
> to be necessary to support a location profile that can express  
> polygons.

There's more than that.  There were a couple of items from wglc as well.

-andy