Subject: [Ecrit] Priority header field as emergency call marker

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 15:42:54 -0400

I've gone back through my 2004-2006 archives, but haven't located any discussion 
of the use of the Priority header field to mark an emergency call outside of a 
brief exchange that compared it against RPH. Why did we not choose that approach 
to satisfy the requirement?

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 16:00:20 -0400

I don't recall the whole discussion, but one reason was that the two  
issues (type of call, prioritization of processing) are orthogonal.  
Not all emergency calls get or deserve priority and not all priority  
calls are emergency calls.

On May 4, 2007, at 3:42 PM, Tom-PT Taylor wrote:

> I've gone back through my 2004-2006 archives, but haven't located  
> any discussion of the use of the Priority header field to mark an  
> emergency call outside of a brief exchange that compared it against  
> RPH. Why did we not choose that approach to satisfy the requirement?
>

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 16:03:18 -0400

That's my recollection as well.  A lot of this discussion is probably  
found in the meeting minutes, btw.  I know it has been discussed in  
the meetings.

-andy

On May 4, 2007, at 4:00 PM, Henning Schulzrinne wrote:

> I don't recall the whole discussion, but one reason was that the  
> two issues (type of call, prioritization of processing) are  
> orthogonal. Not all emergency calls get or deserve priority and not  
> all priority calls are emergency calls.
>
>> emergency call outside of a brief exchange that compared it  
>> against RPH. Why did we not choose that approach to satisfy the  
>> requirement?
>>