Subject: [Ecrit] draft-barnes-ecrit-auth-00

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:17:13 -0400

As a follow-up to my "VSP verification" ideas in the location-hiding 
debate, I've posted a new draft that proposes several options for 
authorized entities to assert, and for proxies to verify that a call is 
an emergency call.  The draft treats the problem in two parts, (1) the 
"authenticator" used, i.e., the information that proves that the call is 
an emergency call, and (2) the SIP messages used to carry the 
authenticator.  Three authenticators are presented, including the 
standard "location + service URN" authenticator as well as two 
cryptographic options.  For the SIP embedding, I've declined to list 
specific proposals, and instead listed some requirements.

The document is available at
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barnes-ecrit-auth-00>

Cheers,
--Richard

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit