Subject: [Ecrit] Preparation for the IETF ECRIT Meeting

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:16:42 +0200

Hi all,

there are a few items that should get resolved quickly and we will 
discuss them during the meeting:

* LoST: Location Profiles

We had a discussion about extending the location profiles in LoST. We 
need more feedback to either confirm or reject the suggestion. See 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg04095.html

* Phone BCP & Framework

I recently suggested to restructure the phone BCP in order to get split 
the responsibilities a bit better. My proposal is here:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg04100.html

During this discussion a few issues surfaced or are still unresolved as 
part of previous discussions:

  - Proxy adding a location reference to an emergency call

  - Contact URI for resolving errors in database

  - Emergency Call marking
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-polk-ecrit-local-emergency-rph-namespace-00.txt

  - Usage of Identity information in an emergency call

There are also two larger items that are still hanging around, namely

  - Unauthenticated emergency services
 
  - Location hiding

It would be good to make some progress on the last two items as well. 
For the latter one we have spend already a considerable amount of 
discussion time and we have a document available:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit//draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-location-hiding-requirements-00.txt

During the discussions about location hiding we also determined that 
there is a problem with calls that claim to be emergency calls but 
aren't. Richard wrote a document about it:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/draft-barnes-ecrit-auth-00.txt

Are there other issues we need to keep an eye on?

Ciao
Hannes & Marc

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 01:15:04 +0100

Hannes

In the interest of moving the location profiles in LoST on I agree with
both James and Henning as any thing that saves on complexity and
promotes consistency is good with me. 

Regards

Steve Norreys

-----Original Message-----
From: Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 16 July 2007 22:17
To: ECRIT
Subject: [Ecrit] Preparation for the IETF ECRIT Meeting

Hi all,

* Phone BCP & Framework

  - Emergency Call marking
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-polk-ecrit-local-emergency-rph-namespace-
00.txt

 
  - Location hiding

It would be good to make some progress on the last two items as well. 
For the latter one we have spend already a considerable amount of
discussion time and we have a document available:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit//draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-location-hiding-
requirements-00.txt

Ciao
Hannes & Marc