Subject: [Ecrit] IPRs

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:03:06 +0200

It may be possible that other work in ECRIT and GEOPRIV is affected by 
the IPR.
I would suggest that you read through it and make you own judgement.

Ciao
Hannes

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Ecrit] LoST IPR disclosure details
Date: 	Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:47:18 -0400
From: 	Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
To: 	ECRIT <[email-masked]>

In case you don't want to hunt on the PTO web site for the filing,  
here's the link and abstract:

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser? 
Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch- 
bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=20070026847&OS=20070026847&RS=2 
0070026847

Technique for displaying information ancillary to a location of an  
entity in a communication network

Abstract
A technique for displaying information ancillary to an entity's  
location. A request for information ancillary to the location of a  
communication unit in a communication network is generated by the  
communication unit wherein the request contains a location of the  
communication unit as well as specifies the information ancillary to  
the communication unit's location that is sought. The request is  
forwarded to an information server in the communication network which  
may be a "trusted source" meaning that the communication unit  
considers the information server a reliable (trustworthy) source of  
information. The information server receives the request and  
identifies the requested information using the location information  
contained in the request. A response (notification) containing the  
identified information is then generated by the information server  
and forwarded to the communication unit. The communication unit  
receives the notification and processes it accordingly, including  
displaying the identified information in a manner that indicates the  
requested information is available. If the requested information is  
not available, the communication unit provides a display indicating  
the information is not available.

It is interesting to note that the patent application was filed July  
31, 2006. Inventors are James Polk and Cullen Jennings.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit