Subject: [Ecrit] ECRIT WG Status Update (August 2007)

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 00:22:28 +0200

A new ECRIT WG status update is available. See
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/twiki/bin/view/EmergencyServices/EcritStatusUpdate

--------------

ECRIT WG Status Update
======================

During the last month there was the IETF meeting. The meeting minutes
are here:
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07jul/minutes/ecrit.txt
In addition, there is some progress on some of the wg related documents.

Besides ECRIT, at the IETF#69 meeting, we also had an ad-hoc meeting on
authority-to-citizen communication.

Information can be found here:
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/twiki/bin/view/EmergencyServices/EarlyWarningBarBOF

Requirements for Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draft is in "RFC Ed Queue":
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-requirements-13.txt

A Uniform Resource Name (URN) for Services
------------------------------------------

A new draft version has been submitted based on received IESG comments:
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/service/draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-07.txt 

Henning posted a list of changes:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg04200.html

Security Threats and Requirements for Emergency Call Marking and Mapping
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gen-ART review comments need to be addressed. Revised ID is needed.
Will be provided within a week.

Referenced draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-security-threats-04.txt

LoST
----

2nd WGLC - A WGLC was started again based on the comments received
during the first 
WGLC. The most recent draft update attempts to address those comments

Comments during the previous WGLC:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg04186.html

Also see
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg04188.html

Additionally, IPR claims have been disclosed:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg04189.html
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg04190.html

LoST Mapping Architecture
-------------------------

A WGLC has been recently started. See:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg04194.html

Referenced draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch-02.txt

DHCP-based LoST Discovery
-------------------------

A 2nd WGLC for the DHCP-based LoST discovery procedure based on the -02 
version of the draft. See:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg04195.html

Referenced draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-dhc-lost-discovery-02.txt

Phone BCP & Framework
---------------------

Many thanks to the reviewers of the draft, Richard Barnes, Alexander
Mayrhofer, Barbara Stark, and James Winterbottom.

Steve Norrey's review is still pending.

Based on the review comments, updated document versions will be
submitted.

Referenced drafts:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-phonebcp-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-02.txt

Location Hiding
---------------

No progress on this particular item during the last month. 

Referenced draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-location-hiding-requirements-00.txt

Action Item: Initiate discussion after the main WG items have been 
progressed.

Unauthenticated Emergency Services
----------------------------------

Initial draft version is complete and will be submitted/available in the
next few 
days.

Emergency Call Marking
----------------------

The initially assumed solution,
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sip/draft-rosenberg-sip-ua-loose-route-01.txt,
was not accepted at the IETF meeting.

Action Item: Initiate discussion.

Proxy Authentication of the Emergency Status of SIP Calls
---------------------------------------------------------

A lot of the discussions in the last few weeks focused on
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/draft-barnes-ecrit-auth-00.txt

Action Item: Summary needs to be compiled.

Overview of the IETF Emergency Services Architecture
----------------------------------------------------

The following document gives an overview of the emergency services 
architecture:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/draft-tschofenig-ecrit-architecture-overview-00.txt

It is meant to be read by members from other SDOs and regulators.

Alignment betwetween IETF and 3GPP Emergency Services Architecture
------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Item: I (Hannes) got the action item to schedule a conference 
call within the IETF ECRIT WG and subsequently between IETF ECRIT 
and the 3GPP to discuss a possible alignment.

3rd SDO Emergency Services Workshop
-----------------------------------

The next workshop is scheduled for a 3 day meeting (October 30st - 
November 1st) in Brussels/Belgium.

Meeting information can be found here:
http://www.emergency-services-coordination.info/2007Nov/

A first version of the agenda is also available:
https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/es-coordination/2007-August/000050.html

Tuesday, October 30:
--------
Tutorials about IETF, 3GPP and NENA architectures
u2010 meeting the standards

Wednesday, October 31:
----------
* Policy Panel
* Status Updates by various SDOs

Thursday, November 1:
---------
* Status Updates (con't)
* Authority-to-Citizen Communication (Requirements, What's available now)

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit