Subject: [Ecrit] was [Geopriv] HELD Emergency Text

From: "Stark, Barbara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:51:39 -0400

Moving this to ecrit...
My main objection was the recommended proscription against doing an
emergencyDispatch request at call time. I'm fine with the minimum
sequence, but see no reason to recommend against emergencyDipatch from
being requested at call time. But certainly, at emergency call time, a
device using HELD for location acquisition MUST send a request with
emergencyRouting.
Barbara

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Rosen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 9:03 AM
To: Stark, Barbara; 'Winterbottom, James'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Geopriv] HELD Emergency Text

<snip>
> 
> As for not using emergencyDispatch when making an emergency call, I
> don't think this is quite right. I think we would want both an
> emergencyDispatch and emergencyRouting query at call time. The
> emergencyRouting value would be used for routing, and the
> emergencyDispatch would update the currently saved Dispatch location.
Well, I think that's complicated.

First of all, the minimum sequence is emergencyRouting and send the
call.
UPDATE location later if you need to.

Question to James et. al. on a reference: Do you ever think something
like
the notion of emergencyRouting/Dispatch would get encoded in the
reference?
I hope not.

Then you could ask for both, but you need to do that in separate
requests so
that the response to the Routing request comes in as soon as it's ready.

And of course if you get both, and you have them before you send the
call
(meaning they come in quickly), then you want to use and send Dispatch
and
discard Routing unless there is an error.

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. GA621

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:58:34 -0400

I agree.  I think the sequence is:
1. Ask for emergencyRouting
2. Query LoST with it
3. Send the call
4. Ask for emergencyDispatch
5. If it's different, UPDATE location

Brian

> From: Stark, Barbara [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 10:52 AM
> To: Brian Rosen; Winterbottom, James; [email-masked]
> Subject: was [Geopriv] HELD Emergency Text
> 
> Moving this to ecrit...
> The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
> which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
> privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
> use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
> persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
> you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
> material from all computers. GA621