Subject: [Ecrit] Do URNs ever show up in a Request-URI?

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:56:39 -0400

draft-ietf-ecrit-framework says that the mechanism for getting dial 
strings (serviceNumbers) is LoST.  The way you get dial strings from 
LoST is to do a findService query, which returns not only the dial 
string, but one or more contact URIs.  That means that if an entity gets 
dial strings, then it also has PSAP URIs.

The call routing process described in framework/phonebcp is as follows:
    R-URI = dialstring URI
1. (dial string recognition; dial string from LoST)
    R-URI = URN
2. (service to URI translation; mapping from LoST)
    R-URI = PSAP URI

My question is: Service URNs only ever show up if an entity does 1 and 
not 2.  But the dial string and the mapping come from the same LoST 
response.  So why would someone do 1 and not 2?  Can we disregard the 
case when R-URI=URN?

--Richard

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:08:01 -0400

In IMS, the UA does dial string recognition, but does not query LoST.
The E-CSCF does routing.

I think if you get the dialstring from LoST then you would normally expect
the PSAP URI in R-URI from the element that did the LoST query.

So the cases are use LoST to get dialstring implies same element does
routing.  Not using LoST for dialstring MAY mean some other element does
routing.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richard Barnes [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 11:57 AM
> To: ECRIT
> Subject: [Ecrit] Do URNs ever show up in a Request-URI?
>