Subject: [Ecrit] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-ecrit-auth-01]

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 12:15:47 -0400

This draft seeks to frame the problem of fraud within the emergency 
calling system in a much broader sense than draft-barnes-ecrit-auth-00. 
  We present a set of logical entities involved in emergency calling, 
and discuss the fraud risks faced by each of them.  Our hope is that 
this document can help to clarify what fraud-prevention mechanisms are 
necessary in emergency calling systems.

--Richard

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-ecrit-auth-01
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 12:08:47 -0400
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-barnes-ecrit-auth-01.txt has been 
successfuly submitted by Richard Barnes and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-barnes-ecrit-auth
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Fraud mitigation for IP-based emergency calling
Creation_date:	 2007-10-22
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 14

Abstract:
The use of Internet technologies for emergency calling creates
opportunities for fraud, relative to traditional circuit-switched
emergency calling.  This document describes the context for IP-based
emergency calling, and the types of fraud which are possible within
the system.  A mitigation strategy for fraud against voice service
providers is described; techniques for detecting or preventing other
types of fraud will be incorporated in this document as they are
available.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit