Subject: [Ecrit] ECRIT Status Update (April 2009)

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:45:54 +0300

ECRIT Status Update (April 2009)
================================

0) WG Management and Virtual Interim Meeting

Marc and Hannes requested a discussion slot with Cullen and Robert to
talk about the next steps for the group. 
In particular, it would be important to understand whether re-chartering
or milestone updates are required for adding new work to the group and
when new items can be added. 

Action item: 
- Cullen and Robert to provide time and date for a discussion slot. 
- Hannes will query the list whether there is interest in having another
virtual interim meeting. 

1) draft-ietf-ecrit-framework / draft-ietf-ecrit-phonebcp

The documents got blocked based on the discussion about an applicability
statement. 
Marc started a HUM on the list regarding the applicability statement,
see 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg06245.html

Action item: Summarize discussion after the deadline
Deadline: Beginning of May

2) draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync

Two implementation activities are ongoing. Authors would like to wait
for the results of these implementation efforts (e.g., are the error
codes complete in the document)

Action item: Hannes and Henning to verify results of the 
Deadline: May 2009

3) draft-patel-ecrit-sos-parameter

Cullen is now document shepherd of the document. Expert review by
Gonzalo provided to the list; updated draft by Milan followed 

Action item: Milan to ping Gonzalo to confirm that his expert review
comments got appropriately addressed

4) draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req

Yesterday, Cullen has put the document in "In Last Call" state.  

Action item: No action from the working group; last call will be
announced. 

5) draft-ietf-ecrit-specifying-holes

Document is in "Publication Requested" state since October 2008. 

Action item: Document is waiting AD review by Cullen. 

6) draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch

Document has been updated in March 2009 to address the comments raised
by Cullen. 

Action item: Document is waiting for Cullen to confirm that his DISCUSS
has been addressed. 

7) draft-ietf-ecrit-local-emergency-rph-namespace

Document has been updated for the San Francisco IETF. No open issues
known. 

Action item: Marc, as the PROTO shepherd, will find a few reviewers for
the document and to start a WGLC. 
Deadline: May 2009

7) draft-barnes-ecrit-rough-loc

Document was discussed during the virtual interim meeting and also at
the San Francisco IETF meeting. 
Technical direction has been proposed and is waiting to get documented
in draft-barnes-ecrit-rough-loc

Action item: Richard and Matt to update the document. 
Deadline: May 2009

8) draft-forte-ecrit-service-urn-policy-00.txt

The group agreed to make the document a new ECRIT WG item. 
Confirmation of the HUM on the list:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg06240.html. 

Action item: None; waiting to become a draft-ietf-.. document and to
issue a WGLC shortly afterwards since the content of the draft was
discussed in the group already. 

9) draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-unauthenticated-access

The group agreed to make the document a new ECRIT WG item. 
Confirmation of the HUM on the list:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg06242.html. 

Action item: Authors to improve the readability of the document. 
Deadline: May 2009

10) draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-psap-callback

The group agreed to make the document a new ECRIT WG item. 
Confirmation of the HUM on the list:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg06238.html

Action item: Hannes to poll the group regarding the preferred
assumptions. 
Deadline: May 2009

11) draft-wolf-ecrit-lost-servicelistboundary

At the virtual interim meeting in Feb 2009 we have asked for feedback
regarding the document and also during the IETF meeting in San Francisco
and we got a few supporters. Marc started a HUM on the mailing list, see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg06246.html, and
the deadline for responses is May 1st. 

Action item: Group to respond to the HUM. 

12) draft-rosen-ecrit-premature-disconnect-rqmts

The work on this topic got stuck again and the chairs are trying to
determine ways forward. The chairs have tried to find an independent
editor for the document but so far everyone rejected.  

Action item: Marc & Hannes to determine a way forward and propose a plan
to the ECRIT WG.
Deadline: May 2009

13) Misc 

If you have time left please read and comment the following documents: 

* Labels for Common Location-Based Services
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-forte-ecrit-service-classification-02.txt

* Location-to-Service Translation Protocol (LoST) Extensions
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-forte-ecrit-lost-extensions-02.txt

* Shelter Service And Classification
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-sun-ecrit-shelter-service-01.txt

* Civic Location Format Extension for Utility and Lamp Post Numbers
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-george-ecrit-lamp-post-00.txt

* Best Current Practice for IP-based In-Vehicle Emergency Calls
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-rosen-ecrit-ecall-02.txt

* Trustworthy Location Information
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-tschofenig-ecrit-trustworthy-location-01.
txt