Subject: [Ecrit] Twitter saves Woman

From: "Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 16:31:41 +0300

FYI:

An Atlanta city councilman used Twitter to help save the life of a woman who
suffered a seizure in northeast Atlanta.

Kwanza Hall tweeted instead of dialing 911 Friday evening when he spotted a
woman in need of medical assistance at the corner of John Wesley Dobbs
Avenue and Jackson Street. 

He said he used Twitter because his cell phone battery was running low and
he didn't want to end up stuck on hold with 911. 

More: 
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19492556/detail.html

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:40:29 -0500

Hi, Hannes,

Thanks for sharing!

> he didn't want to end up stuck on hold with 911.

Great. The ultimate premature call termination - deciding to hang up before 
you start dialing ...

:D

> http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19492556/detail.html

Thanks,

Spencer