Subject: [Ecrit] ECRIT Status Update (May 2009)

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 23:39:28 +0300

ECRIT Status Update (May 2009)
==============================

Last Thursday we had a chat with our ADs about the current status of the
work in ECRIT. This status update provides some information regarding
that chat.

1) ECRIT Virtual Interim Meeting

We are going to have an interim meeting June 3rd. Marc sent a reminder
around: 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg06379.html

2) Framework and Phone BCP document 
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/draft-ietf-ecrit-framework/
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/draft-ietf-ecrit-phonebcp/

Marc started a hum regarding the applicability statement, see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg06245.html. 

After attempts to come to resolution around the issue of the
'Applicability Statement', it's clear that we don't have consensus to
include the current statement in the draft. The chairs are looking for
discussion/contributions towards resolving this issue. 

3)   
Synchronizing Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) Protocol based
Service Boundaries and Mapping Elements
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync/

We are still in the phase of waiting for implementers feedback. 

Action Item: Hannes to query feedback from implementers. 

4)  SOS Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) Parameter for Marking of
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Requests related to Emergency Services
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-patel-ecrit-sos-parameter-06.txt

Cullen is the document shepherd. Milan submitted another update last
week and the PROTO writeup is ready. Cullen may ask for further reviews.

Action Item: Hannes will submit updated PROTO writeup to Cullen with a
pointer to the expert review by Gonzalo. 

5) Location Hiding: Problem Statement and Requirements
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req/

Review comments (e.g., by GenArt) received. Updated document needed. 

Action item: Draft authors to update the draft. 

6) Specifying Holes in LoST Service Boundaries
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/draft-ietf-ecrit-specifying-holes/
 
Currently the document is in "Publication requested" state and Cullen
did a review. He has a punch of comments that he needs to check with
Martin Thomson. 

Action item: Cullen to talk to Martin about his review before getting
back to the group. 
 
7) Location-to-URL Mapping Architecture and Framework
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch/

Document is in RFC Editor Queue!

8) Premature Disconnect Indication

Discussion seemed to have gotten stuck again. No new progress. 

Action item: Hannes and Marc to provide a writeup on potential next
steps. 
 
9) Milestone Update

The following documents are not listed as milestones on our ECRIT
charter.  
- LoST Sync
- Specifying Holes in LoST Service Boundaries
- Location Hiding: Problem Statement and Requirements
The milestone update last year must have gotten lost and nobody
recognized it!

Action Item: Hannes & Marc will submit a milestone update ASAP.

10) ECRIT Charter Update

The ADs are still holding us to getting PhoneBCP and Framework out
before adding more work to the group (via charter / milestone change).
The following items are currently listed as pending for inclusion into
the new charter: 

* IANA Registering a SIP Resource Priority Header Namespace for Local
Emergency Communications  
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-local-emergency-rph
-namespace-03.txt

* Using Imprecise Location for Emergency Context Resolution
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-barnes-ecrit-rough-loc-02.txt

* Policy for defining new service-identifying labels
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-forte-ecrit-service-urn-policy-00.txt

* Location-to-Service Translation Protocol (LoST) Extension:
ServiceListBoundary
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-wolf-ecrit-lost-servicelistboundary-01.tx
t

* Extensions to the Emergency Services Architecture for dealing with
Unauthenticated and Unauthorized Devices
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-unauthenticated-acces
s

* Marking of Calls initiated by Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs)
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-psap-callback-00.txt

Action Item: Hannes and Marc to compile a charter proposal that will
become relevant once Phone BCP / Framework left the group.