Subject: [Ecrit] Comment on inserted-by

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 14:32:19 +0100

The phone-bcp draft refers to the inserted-by parameter in the
Geolocation header field. It recommends or mandates including
"inserted-by=endpoint" and "inserted-by=server". I take these  values
"endpoint" and "server" to be literal values.

However, the location-conveyance draft defines inserted-by as:
   geoloc-param       =  "inserted-by" EQUAL geoloc-inserter
                          / "used-for-routing"
                          / generic-param ; (from RFC 3261)
   geoloc-inserter    =  DQUOTE hostport DQUOTE

So are the values "endpoint" and "server" really meant to be the
hostports of those devices?

John

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:39:35 -0400

Yes.  That part of text in -conveyence changed a couple of times, and I
didn't track the changes in -phonebcp.  We could make it clearer.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Elwell, John
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 9:32 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ecrit] Comment on inserted-by

John
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit