Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Synchronizing Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) Protocol based Service Boundaries and Mapping Elements
	Author(s)       : H. Schulzrinne, H. Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync-05.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2009-07-13

The Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) protocol is an XML-based
protocol for mapping service identifiers and geodetic or civic
location information to service URIs and service boundaries.  In
particular, it can be used to determine the location-appropriate
Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for emergency services.

The main data structure, the <mapping> element, used for
encapsulating information about service boundaries is defined in the
LoST protocol specification and circumscribes the region within which
all locations map to the same service Uniform Resource Identifier
(URI) or set of URIs for a given service.

This document defines an XML protocol to exchange these mappings
between two nodes.  This mechanism can be used for bulk exchange of
<mapping> elements between two entities.  As such, this document can
also be used without the LoST protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.