Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ecrit-phonebcp-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Best Current Practice for Communications Services in support of Emergency Calling
	Author(s)       : B. Rosen, J. Polk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-phonebcp-13.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2009-07-27

The IETF and other standards organization have efforts targeted at
standardizing various aspects of placing emergency calls on IP
networks.  This memo describes best current practice on how devices,
networks and services should use such standards to make emergency
calls.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-phonebcp-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:35:30 -0400

This update fixes idnits.

Note that there is a problem with the "Intended Status" of
-location-conveyance, which is PS.  The tools don't recognize the status
because it says "Standards Track (PS)" and not simply "Standards Track", and
assume Informational.  Therefore we can ignore the error generated by
idnits.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 1:30 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ecrit-phonebcp-13.txt
> 
> This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with
> Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.
> 
>

---

From: Marc Linsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:19:08 +0200

Brian,

The location conveyance reference in PhoneBCP and Framework is:

draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-13

Shouldn't it be:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance-01

I guess I don't understand if the reference to the old wg draft will
continue to be updated....I assume not.  IOW, old wg -13 isn't the same as
new wg -01...???

-Marc-

On 7/27/09 10:35 PM, "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Ecrit mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 06:16:58 -0500

>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance-01

good catch Marc -- this SIPCORE ID is the right reference for Conveyance

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 07:33:31 -0400

Okay, I'll change it, but for the purposes of IESG review, it's okay.

Brian

> From: James M. Polk [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:17 AM
> To: Marc Linsner; Brian Rosen; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Ecrit] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ecrit-phonebcp-13.txt
>