Subject: [Ecrit] Framework For Emergency Calling in Canada

From: John Lange <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:35:24 -0500

Some on this mailing list may be interested in a document I filed with
the CRTC (Canadian FCC) today regarding a proposed framework for VOIP
E911 in Canada.

I don't believe this mailing list supports attachments so I have made it
available on my website:

http://www.johnlange.ca/2009/08/07/a-framework-for-emergency-calling-in-canada/

Regards,
-- 
John Lange
http://www.johnlange.ca

---

From: Francois Menard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 10:22:28 -0400

In yesterday's submission to the CRTC, Manitoba Telephone Service /  
Allstream stated in paragraph 16 of its submission, that it could not  
implement a location determination platform for 70% of its broadband  
connections in Manitoba, particularly in Winnipeg, because its  
MOTOROLA DSLAMs which it uses for both DSL and IPTV are incapable of  
supporting Broadand Forum TR101 Intermediate Agent to pass the slot,  
port and shelf information back to the BRAS and then to the RADIUS   
server.

Just an example that honest talk is possible on the public record of  
VoIP E-9-1-1 in this world.

F.

On 7-Aug-09, at 4:35 PM, John Lange wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Ecrit mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

Francois Menard
[email-masked]