Subject: [Ecrit] [ecrit] #3: Out-of-date References

From: "ecrit issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 01:14:46 -0000

#3: Out-of-date References

 A number of the references are out of date, including references to
 location hiding, location conveyance, location dependability, HELD deref,
 etc.

 Proposed resolution is to change Section 9.1 to the following:

 9.1.  Informative References

 [GPSCounter]
           Warner, J. S. and R. G. Johnston, "GPS Spoofing
           Countermeasures", Los Alamos research paper LAUR-03-6163,
           December 2003.

 [I-D.ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req]
           Schulzrinne, H., Liess, L., Tschofenig, H., Stark, B., and A.
           Kuett, "Location Hiding: Problem Statement and Requirements",
           draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req-04 (work in progress),
           February 2010.

 [I-D.ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance]
           Polk, J. and B. Rosen, "Location Conveyance for the Session
           Initiation Protocol", draft-ietf-sipcore-location-
           conveyance-06.txt (work in progress), February 2011.

 [I-D.thomson-geopriv-location-dependability]
           Thomson, M. and J. Winterbottom, "Digital Signature Methods
           for Location Dependability", draft-thomson-geopriv-location-
           dependability-07 (work in progress), March 2011.

 [I-D.winterbottom-geopriv-deref-protocol]
           Winterbottom, J., Tschofenig, H., Schulzrinne, H., Thomson,
           M., and M. Dawson, "A Location Dereferencing Protocol Using
           HELD", draft-ietf-geopriv-deref-protocol-02 (work in
           progress), December 2010.

 [IEEE-802.11y]
           Information technology - Telecommunications and information
           exchange between systems - Local and metropolitan area
           networks - Specific requirements - Part 11: Wireless LAN
           Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY)
           specifications Amendment 3: 3650-3700 MHz Operation in USA,
           November 2008.

 [LLDP-MED]
           "Telecommunications: IP Telephony Infrastructure: Link Layer
           Discovery Protocol for Media Endpoint Devices, ANSI/
           TIA-1057-2006", April 2006.

 [NENA-i2] "08-001 NENA Interim VoIP Architecture for Enhanced 9-1-1
           Services (i2)", December 2005.

 [RFC2119] Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
           Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997.

 [RFC3411] Harrington, D., Presuhn, R., and B. Wijnen, "An Architecture
           for Describing Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
           Management Frameworks", STD 62, RFC 3411, December 2002.

 [RFC3693] Cuellar, J., Morris, J., Mulligan, D., Peterson, J., and J.
           Polk, "Geopriv Requirements", RFC 3693, February 2004.

 [RFC3694] Danley, M., Mulligan, D., Morris, J. and J. Peterson, "Threat
           Analysis of the Geopriv Protocol", RFC 3694, February 2004.

 [RFC3748] Aboba, B., Blunk, L., Vollbrecht, J., Carlson, J., and H.
           Levkowetz, "Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)", RFC
           3748, June 2004.

 [RFC3825bis]
           Polk, J., Linsner, M., Thomson, M. and B. Aboba, "Dynamic Host
           Configuration Protocol Options for Coordinate-based Location
           Configuration Information", draft-ietf-geopriv-
           rfc3825bis-17.txt (work in progress), February 2011.

 [RFC3927] Cheshire, S., Aboba, B., and E. Guttman, "Dynamic
           Configuration of IPv4 Link-Local Addresses", RFC 3927, May
           2005.

 [RFC4188] Norseth, K. and E. Bell, "Definitions of Managed Objects for
           Bridges", RFC 4188, September 2005.

 [RFC4293] Routhier, S., "Management Information Base for the Internet
           Protocol (IP)", RFC 4293, April 2006.

 [RFC4474] Peterson, J. and C. Jennings, "Enhancements for Authenticated
           Identity Management in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)",
           RFC 4474, August 2006.

 [RFC4479] Rosenberg, J., "A Data Model for Presence", RFC 4479, July
           2006.

 [RFC4740] Garcia-Martin, M., Belinchon, M., Pallares-Lopez, M., Canales-
           Valenzuela, C., and K. Tammi, "Diameter Session Initiation
           Protocol (SIP) Application", RFC 4740, November 2006.

 [RFC4776] Schulzrinne, H., "Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv4
           and DHCPv6) Option for Civic Addresses Configuration
           Information", RFC 4776, November 2006.

 [RFC4862] Thomson, S., Narten, T., and T. Jinmei, "IPv6 Stateless
           Address Autoconfiguration", RFC 4862, September 2007.

 [RFC5012] Schulzrinne, H. and R. Marshall, "Requirements for Emergency
           Context Resolution with Internet Technologies", RFC 5012,
           January 2008.

 [RFC5069] Taylor, T., Tschofenig, H., Schulzrinne, H. and M. Shanmugam,
           "Security Threats and Requirements for Emergency Call Marking
           and Mapping", RFC 5069, January 2008.

 [RFC5582] Schulzrinne, H., "Location-to-URL Mapping Architecture and
           Framework", RFC 5582, September 2009.

 [RFC5985] Barnes, M., "HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)", RFC 5985,
           September 2010.

 [SA]      "Saudi Arabia - Illegal sale of SIMs blamed for surge in prank
           calls", Arab News, May 4, 2010,
           http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story_s.asp?StoryId=1093319384

 [Swatting]
           "Don't Make the Call: The New Phenomenon of 'Swatting',
           Federal Bureau of Investigation, February 4, 2008,
           http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2008/february/swatting020408

 [TASMANIA]
           "Emergency services seek SIM-less calls block", ABC News
           Online, August 18, 2006,

 [UK]      "Rapper makes thousands of prank 999 emergency calls to UK
           police", Digital Journal, June 24, 2010,
           http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/293796?tp=1

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  trustworthy-location       |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/trac/ticket/3>
ecrit <http://tools.ietf.org/ecrit/>