Subject: [Ecrit] draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-14

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:14:58 +0200

Hi all,

as you have seen we have been working on the additional data document. I 
would like to particularly thank James for his editing work on the 
document.

The updates we shipped today tried to specifically address comments sent 
to the list by Barbara Stark around the Berlin IETF meeting. When we met 
Barbara in Berlin we had the chance to talk a bit about her extensive 
review. This helped to better address her feedback. I hope we managed to 
capture the main points with these document updates.

The best way to see the changes is to compare version -11 with version 
-14. Here is the link: 
http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-11.txt&url2=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-14.txt

Here are the points to the review comments provided by Barbara:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg08628.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg08629.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg08630.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg08631.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg08632.html

Many of the changes are editorial clarifications that aim to improve the 
quality of the document.

There are, however, a few changes that are non-editorial, such as:

* Removed the 'Expert Advice Provider' from the Data Provider ID Registry.
* Added the 'Emergency Service Provider' to the Data Provider ID 
Registry (related to discussion with Gunnar, see 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg08633.html)
* Reworded the description of the Data Provider Contact URI (which lead 
to normative changes)
* Reworded the text for the Data Provider ID (includes normative changes)
* Turned the 'Language' element into a mandatory element.
* Added 'Subcontractor Principal' and 'Subcontractor Priority' to the 
XML schema.
* Added 'SoftPhn' (soft phone or soft client software) to the Device 
Classification Registry
* Added a new XML attribute called 'Subscriber Data Privacy Indicator' 
(which is similiar to the 'Telephone Number Privacy Indicator' found in 
earlier versions of the document).

Thanks for the detailed review, Barbara!

Ciao
Hannes & James