Subject: Re: [Ecrit] draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-10: service provider subscontractor

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 13:44:56 +0200

Hi Barbara,

On 07/31/2013 07:08 PM, STARK, BARBARA H wrote:
> I have several comments around items related to service provider
> subcontractor. -------------------- 3.1.4.  Type of Data Provider
> Token: Service Provider Subcontractor Comment 9: This is a fuzzy
> concept to me. I really don't understand what this is. Which to me
> suggests it's ambiguous as to how or when to use it. Comment 10: Can
> a Service Provider Subcontractor only be a "Service Provider (Calling
> or Origination telecom SP), or can it also be one of the other
> types?, If it can be one of the other types, which value is to be
> used? Meaning of this Type element seems a bit overloaded to me.

I will have to reach out to the NENA additional data group to answer 
that question authoratively. But it is certainly a good question to raise.

>
> Token: Expert Advice Provider Comment 11: Who does this provide
> advice to?

As Gunnar pointed out we had discussed this issue earlier on the list 
and I should have removed it already. I now removed the token.

  ----------------------- 3.1.8.  Subcontractor Principal
>
> Data  Element:  Subcontractor Principal
>
> XML Element:  <SubcontratorPrincipal>
>
> Description:  If the data provider is a subcontractor to another
> provider such as an access infrastructure provider or telematics
> provider, this element contains the DataProviderString of the service
> provider to indicate which provider the subcontractor is working for.
> This data is required if the Data Provider type is subcontractor .
>
> Comment 12: This element is not in xml in Section 6.1 Comment 13:
> There's no Use provided for this element. Comment 14: As commented
> above, I think the info that the type field is trying to convey is
> overloaded, by trying to also convey subcontracting.  But also, I'm
> not really understanding this subcontractor concept. Is this anything
> like a wholesale relationship (ISP provides access by wholesaling the
> service of an access network provider)? Comment 15: Does the last
> sentence of Description belong in a Use statement?

I added the element to the XML schema and changed the wording of Section 
3.1.8:

----

3.1.8.  Subcontractor Principal

    Data Element:  Subcontractor Principal

    Use:  Conditional.  This data is required if the Data Provider type
       is subcontractor.

    XML Element:  <SubcontratorPrincipal>

    Description:  If the data provider is a subcontractor to another
       provider, such as an access infrastructure provider or telematics
       provider, this element contains the DataProviderString of the
       service provider to indicate which provider the subcontractor is
       working for.

    Reason for Need:  Identify the entity the subcontractor works for.

    How Used by Call Taker:  Allows the call taker to understand what the
       relationship between data providers and the service providers in
       the path of the call are.

----

> -------------------------- 3.1.9.  Subcontractor Priority
>
> Data Element:  Subcontractor Priority
>
> Use:  Required
>
> Comment 16: This element is not in xml in Section 6.1 Comment 17: Is
> this really Required, or is it Conditional (on SubcontractorPrincipal
> being provided, or some other condition)?

I added the element to the XML schema and changed the wording of Section 
3.1.9:

----

3.1.9.  Subcontractor Priority

    Data Element:  Subcontractor Priority

    Use:  Conditional.  This data is required if the Data Provider type
       is "subcontractor".

    XML Element:  <SubcontractorPriority>

    Description:  If the subcontractor has to be contacted first then
       this element MUST have the value "sub".  If the access or service
       provider has to be contacted first then this element MUST have the
       value "main".

    Reason for Need:  Inform the call taker whom to contact first, if
       support is needed.

    How Used by Call Taker:  To decide which entity to contact first if
       assistance is needed.

----

Ciao
Hannes

> _______________________________________________ Ecrit mailing list
> [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit
>