Subject: [Ecrit] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall-01.txt

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 10:07:35 -0800

Changes from -00 to -01

    o  Now using 'EmergencyCallData' for purpose parameter values and
       MIME subtypes, in accordance with changes to
       [additional-data-draft]

    o  Added reference to RFC 6443

--- begin forwarded text

To: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>, Hannes Tschofenig
	<[email-masked]>, Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
From: <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall-01.txt
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 09:00:29 -0800

A new version of I-D, draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Randall Gellens and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Next-Generation Pan-European eCall
Creation date:	 2013-11-06
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 16
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall-01.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall-01
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall-01

Abstract:
    This document describes how to use IP-based emergency services
    mechanisms to support the next generation of the Pan European in-
    vehicle emergency call service defined under the eSafety initiative
    of the European Commission (generally referred to as "eCall"). eCall
    is a standardized and mandated system for a special form of emergency
    calls placed by vehicles.  eCall deployment is required by 2015 in
    European Union member states, and eCall is also being deployed in
    other regions.  eCall provides an integrated voice path and a
    standardized set of vehicle, sensor (e.g., crash related), and
    location data.  An eCall is recognized and handled as a specialized
    form of emergency call and is routed to a specialized eCall-capable
    Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) capable of processing the
    vehicle data and trained in handling emergency calls from vehicles.
    Currently, eCall functions over circuit-switched cellular telephony;
    work on next-generation eCall (NG-eCall, sometimes called packet-
    switched eCall or PS-eCall) is now in process, and this document
    assists in that work by describing how to support eCall within the
    IP-based emergency services infrastructure.

    This document also registers a MIME Content Type and an Emergency
    Call Additional Data Block for the eCall vehicle data.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

--- end forwarded text

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Deregulation will be the greatest thing to happen to the airlines
since the jet engine.   -- Richard Ferris, CEO United Airlines, 1976

---

From: Ban Al-Bakri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:28:21 +0100

Dear All, Randal,

Thank you for providing this draft.

I would like to support the working group adoption of the eCall draft.

Some issues of eCall are still under discussion in ETSI-STF456, as a
consequence changes to the eCall draft may need to be taken into
consideration.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Ban Al-Bakri
/ETSI-STF456

On 6 November 2013 19:07, Randall Gellens <[email-masked]> wrote:

> URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall-01.txt
> _______________________________________________
> Ecrit mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit
>