Subject: [Ecrit] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-policy-04.txt

From: "FORTE, ANDREA G" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 19:58:27 +0000

Hi all,

I have just submitted revision 04 of the draft. There are still three open
issues regarding this draft that I would like the WG to discuss. There is
a corresponding "NOTE" paragraph

in the draft for each one of those.

1. Have we agreed to allow private namespaces such as urn:nena in this
document? If so, please take a look at Section 3 of the draft and let me
know if the writing is sufficient.
2. If we allow private namespaces, should Section 4 apply only to the
public namespace domain or do we still want to provide some general
guidelines for private namespaces as well?
3. When we last discussed this document, there were suggestions on
allowing external non-IETF documents/templates to be submitted to the
expert for review. Should we have some requirements about this document in
Section 5? Any specific suggestions on the direction to follow?

Regarding #2, my inclination would be to limit the guidelines only to
public namespaces. For private namespaces, perhaps, the expert reviewer
would just make sure that there are no conflicts with registered public
namespaces.

Thanks,
-Andrea

On 5/30/14, 3:06 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-policy-04.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Andrea G. Forte and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-policy
>Revision:	04
>Title:		Policy for defining new service-identifying labels
>Document date:	2014-05-30
>Group:		ecrit
>Pages:		4
>URL:            
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-policy-04
>.txt
>Status:         
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-policy/
>Htmlized:       
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-policy-04
>Diff:           
>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-policy-04
>
>Abstract:
>   In order to provide location-based services, descriptive terms for
>   services need to be defined.  This document updates the policy for
>   defining new service-identifying labels.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>