Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-24.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 18:22:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Additional Data related to an Emergency Call
        Authors         : Randall Gellens
                          Brian Rosen
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Roger Marshall
                          James Winterbottom
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-24.txt
	Pages           : 104
	Date            : 2014-10-13

Abstract:
   When an emergency call is sent to a Public Safety Answering Point
   (PSAP), the device that sends it, as well as any application service
   provider in the path of the call, or access network provider through
   which the call originated may have information about the call, the
   caller or the location which the PSAP may be able to use.  This
   document describes data structures and a mechanism to convey such
   data to the PSAP.  The mechanism uses a Uniform Resource Identifier
   (URI), which may point to either an external resource or an object in
   the body of the SIP message.  The mechanism thus allows the data to
   be passed by reference (when the URI points to an external resource)
   or by value (when it points into the body of the message).  This
   follows the tradition of prior emergency services standardization
   work where data can be conveyed by value within the call signaling
   (i.e., in body of the SIP message) and also by reference.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-24

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-24

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/