Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 16:58:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Next-Generation Vehicle-Initiated Emergency Calls
        Authors         : Randall Gellens
                          Brian Rosen
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2014-10-13

Abstract:
   This document describes how to use IP-based emergency services
   mechanisms to support the next generation of emergency calls placed
   by vehicles (automatically in the event of a crash or serious
   incident, or manually invoked by a vehicle occupant) and conveying
   vehicle, sensor, and location data related to the crash or incident.
   Such calls are often referred to as "Automatic Crash Notification"
   (ACN), or "Advanced Automatic Crash Notification" (AACN), even in the
   case of manual trigger.  The "Advanced" qualifier refers to the
   ability to carry a richer set of data.

   This document also registers a MIME Content Type and an Emergency
   Call Additional Data Block for the vehicle, sensor, and location data
   (often referred to as "crash data" even though there is not
   necessarily a crash).  An external specification for the data format,
   contents, and structure are referenced in this document.

   Profiling and simplifications are possible due to the nature of the
   functionality that is provided in vehicles with the usage of Global
   Satellite Navigation System (GNSS).

   This document does not address pan-European eCall (a mandated and
   standardized system for emergency calls by in-vehicle systems within
   Europe and other regions), which is the subject of a separate
   document, [I-D.ietf-ecrit-ecall].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/