Subject: Re: [Ecrit] WGLC Announce: draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 20:38:02 -0800

Some comments:

1:  The title is not clear enough that this mechanism does establish 
an interactive session.  I've made this suggestion before, and 
thought it had been agreed to.  We need to change the title to 
something more clear.  For example, "non-interactive emergency call", 
"non human-associated emergency call".  This also occurs in the 
Abstract, second paragraph, fifth line, in the titles of some 
sections, etc.

2:  Abstract, second paragraph, third line: please replace "or 
vehicles sending crash data" with another example.  Vehicle AACN 
systems establish an interactive session, this is considered more 
critical than transmitting the data.  Further, vehicle data is not 
sent using CAP.  How about using a burglar or fire alarm?

3: Introduction, second paragraph, third and fourth line: same as (2).

4: Introduction, fifth paragraph: this should be mentioned in the Abstract.

5: Multiple locations: the 'purpose' and MIME type should use 
'emergencyCallData' rather than 'emergencyCall'.

6: The document suffers from poor grammar in multiple locations, 
e.g., sentences omitting "is" or "the", word sequences such as "the 
it is", "will depends", "in case that", etc.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be
thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.
                                                --H. L. Mencken