Subject: [Ecrit] RFC 7406 on Extensions to the Emergency Services Architecture for Dealing With Unauthenticated and Unauthorized Devices

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 16:42:46 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7406

        Title:      Extensions to the Emergency Services 
                    Architecture for Dealing With Unauthenticated and 
                    Unauthorized Devices 
        Author:     H. Schulzrinne, S. McCann,
                    G. Bajko, H. Tschofenig,
                    D. Kroeselberg
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 52779
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecrit-unauthenticated-access-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7406.txt

This document provides a problem statement, introduces terminology,
and describes an extension for the base IETF emergency services
architecture to address cases where an emergency caller is not
authenticated, has no identifiable service provider, or has no
remaining credit with which to pay for access to the network.

This document is a product of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC