Subject: [Ecrit] RFC 7378 on Trustworthy Location

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 19:59:30 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7378

        Title:      Trustworthy Location 
        Author:     H. Tschofenig, H. Schulzrinne,
                    B. Aboba, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 75402
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecrit-trustworthy-location-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7378.txt

The trustworthiness of location information is critically important
for some location-based applications, such as emergency calling or
roadside assistance.

This document describes threats to conveying location, particularly
for emergency calls, and describes techniques that improve the
reliability and security of location information.  It also provides
guidelines for assessing the trustworthiness of location information.

This document is a product of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC