Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-30.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:37:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Additional Data Related to an Emergency Call
        Authors         : Randall Gellens
                          Brian Rosen
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Roger Marshall
                          James Winterbottom
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-30.txt
	Pages           : 109
	Date            : 2015-06-30

Abstract:
   When an emergency call is sent to a Public Safety Answering Point
   (PSAP), the device that sends it, as well as any application service
   provider in the path of the call, or access network provider through
   which the call originated has information about the call, the caller
   or the location which might be helpful for the PSAP to have in
   handling the emergency.  This document describes data structures and
   a mechanism to convey such data to the PSAP.  The intent is that
   every emergency call carry the information described here using the
   mechanisms described here.

   The mechanism uses a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), which may
   point to either an external resource or an object in the body of the
   SIP message.  The mechanism thus allows the data to be passed by
   reference (when the URI points to an external resource) or by value
   (when it points into the body of the message).  This follows the
   tradition of prior emergency services standardization work where data
   can be conveyed by value within the call signaling (i.e., in body of
   the SIP message) and also by reference.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-30

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-30

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/