Subject: [Ecrit] RFC 7852 on Additional Data Related to an Emergency Call

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 22:16:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7852

        Title:      Additional Data Related to an 
                    Emergency Call 
        Author:     R. Gellens, B. Rosen,
                    H. Tschofenig, R. Marshall,
                    J. Winterbottom
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      113
        Characters: 239135
        Updates:    RFC 6443, RFC 6881

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-38.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7852

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7852

When an emergency call is sent to a Public Safety Answering Point
(PSAP), the originating device, the access network provider to which
the device is connected, and all service providers in the path of the
call have information about the call, the caller, or the location,
which is helpful for the PSAP to have in handling the emergency.
This document describes data structures and mechanisms to convey such
data to the PSAP.  The intent is that every emergency call carry as
much of the information described here as possible using the
mechanisms described here.

The mechanisms permit the data to be conveyed by reference (as an
external resource) or by value (within the body of a SIP message or a
location object).  This follows the tradition of prior emergency
services standardization work where data can be conveyed by value
within the call signaling (i.e., in the body of the SIP message) or
by reference.

This document is a product of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC