Subject: Re: [Ecrit] draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-11- Call-Info usage not aligned with RFC3261

From: Ivo Sedlacek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 11:41:22 +0000

Hello,

COMMENT 2:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Usage of Call-Info:
- in a response to an initial INVITE request; and
- in a SIP INFO request sent from PSAP to the UE;
is not aligned with semantic of call-info as defined in RFC3261:
-----------------
   The Call-Info header field provides additional information about the
   caller or callee, depending on whether it is found in a request or
   response.
-----------------

In those cases, the Call-Info identifies a MIME body of application/EmergencyCallData.eCall.control+xml MIME type (draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-11 section 6, 4th paragraph and 9 and in Figure 9 and Figure 10), which carries:
--------
   A PSAP or IVS transmits >>a metadata/control object<< (see Section 9) by
   encoding it per the description in this document and attaching it to
   a SIP message as a MIME body part per [RFC7852].  The body part is
   identified by its MIME content-type ('application/
   emergencyCallData.eCall.control+xml') in the Content-Type header
   field of the body part.  The body part is assigned a unique
   identifier which is listed in a Content-ID header field in the body
   part.  >>The SIP message is marked as containing the metadata/control
   object by adding (or appending to) a Call-Info header field at the
   top level of the SIP message.<<
--------
and
--------
...
   When the IVS includes an unsolicited MSD in a SIP request (e.g., the
   initial INVITE), the PSAP sends a metadata/control block indicating
   successful/unsuccessful receipt of the MSD in the SIP response to the
   request.  
...
--------
In those cases, the MIME body indicates an delivery report (Figure 9) or requests an action to be performed at UAS (Figure 10).
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
PROPOSED SOLUTION to COMMENT 2
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Align the semantic of the Call-Info header field with RFC3261, remove usage of Call-Info header field, or update RFC3261.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Kind regards

Ivo Sedlacek