Subject: [Ecrit] FW: [sipcore] Draft new: draft-holmberg-sipcore-content-id-00

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:53:18 +0000

FYI,

We submitted a draft to SIPCORE, which defines the usage of the Content-ID header field for SIP.

Please provide any questions/comments/input on the SIPCORE list.

Regards,

Christer

From: sipcore <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> on behalf of Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Tuesday 16 August 2016 at 16:50
To: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [sipcore] Draft new: draft-holmberg-sipcore-content-id-00

Hi,

When a SIP message contains a multipart/mixed body, individual body parts can be associated with a Content-ID header field and header fields of the SIP message can refer to those body parts. Note that the Content-ID is not a SIP header field in such cases, but a MIME header field related to the individual body part.

However, in ECRIT it was identified that there are cases where a request with a single message body also needs a Content-ID header field as header fields of SIP message needs to refer to the body – in which Content-ID it needs to become a SIP header field.

Later, it was also realised that there exist non-ECRIT cases where it is also needed.

Please see the draft for examples.

We have submitted a draft, which gives description of the problem and defines the Content-ID header field for SIP.

For the GitHub fans: https://github.com/cdh4u/draft-content-id (NOTE: Individual repo)
<https://github.com/cdh4u/draft-content-id>

Regards,

Christer & Ivo