Subject: [Ecrit] Comments on draft-ietf-ecrit-similar-location-03

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:06:14 -0700

Hi Roger, Jeff, Brian,

There's a typo in the second-to-last paragraph of Section 1: 
"protocol extension will protocol extension will".

Also in the definition of "Civic Location": "to to".

Also the definition of "Invalid Location" contains the term 
"findRequest" which I think should be "findService request".

Also in section 3, "when invalid location is received" should perhaps 
be "invalid location elements are received".

Also in section 4, consider using all uppercase forms of "optional" 
for clarity.

I also think the definition of "Civic Location" could be made more 
clear (e.g., perhaps by mentioning that it is typically a street or 
postal address or part of one).

I suggest rewording the second paragraph of section 4 to use 
descriptive rather than normative language, since "few" is not 
definable and hence the SHOULD NOT and MAY don't really seen 
appropriate.

Consider mentioning if the additional elements can be returned only 
when validateLocation="true".

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
And still I persist in wondering if folly must always
be man's nemesis.                    --Edgar Pangborn