Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 14:44:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Data-Only Emergency Calls
        Authors         : Brian Rosen
                          Henning Schulzrinne
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Randall Gellens
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-15.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2018-04-23

Abstract:
   RFC 6443 'Framework for Emergency Calling Using Internet Multimedia'
   describes how devices use the Internet to place emergency calls and
   how Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) handle Internet multimedia
   emergency calls natively.  The exchange of multimedia traffic for
   emergency services involves a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   session establishment starting with a SIP INVITE that negotiates
   various parameters for that session.

   In some cases, however, the transmission of application data is all
   that is needed.  Examples of such environments include alerts issued
   by a temperature sensor, burglar alarm, or chemical spill sensor.
   Often these alerts are conveyed as one-shot data transmissions.
   These type of interactions are called 'data-only emergency calls'.
   This document describes a container for the data based on the Common
   Alerting Protocol (CAP) and its transmission using the SIP MESSAGE
   transaction.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-15
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/