Subject: [Emailcore] Kicking off EMAILCORE work: recap, documents and editors

From: Seth Blank <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 21:22:35 -0700

This working group was officially chartered late last week, and that
charter can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-emailcore/

We held a BOF at IETF108 that reviewed the scope of the EMAILCORE work and
charter bashed. If anyone would like to review:
- Agenda: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/agenda-108-emailcore/
- Slides:
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/108/slides/slides-108-emailcore-chairs-slides-02
- Minutes: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-108-emailcore/

The chairs have asked John and Pete to re-submit their latest individual
drafts as draft-ietf-emailcore-* on 10/6 unless any objections are raised
and explained by that date.

We then intend to aggressively drive these documents to completion.
Consistent with the requirements of Internet Standard, substantive changes
to 5321 or 5322 will require strong and obvious consensus. The chairs want
the group's expectation to be clear that out of scope, unproductive, or
threads that will obviously not reach consensus in a timely manner will be
shut down quickly in order to progress this work to completion.

Finally, an editor is needed for the applicability statement. The chairs
are looking for volunteers, please reach out to us at
[email-masked].

Thanks everyone, we're looking forward to completing this work productively
and quickly,

Seth and Alexey, as Chairs

-- 

*Seth Blank* | VP, Standards and New Technologies
*e:* [email-masked]
*p:* 415.273.8818

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.