Subject: [Emailcore] CALL FOR FEEDBACK: Ticket #18: G.7.11. Should 1yz Be Revisited?

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:48:26 +0000

Dear EMAILCORE participants,

I would like to start 4 weeks feedback period (ending on February 16th 
2021) on the following issue (*):

   RFC 5321 depreciated the "positive preliminary reply" response code
   category with first digit "1", so that the first digit of valid SMTP
   response codes must be 2, 3, 4, or 5. It has been suggested (see
   mail from Hector Santos with Subject "SMTP Reply code 1yz Positive
   Preliminary reply", March 5, 2020 12:56 -0500, on the SMTP list) that
   these codes should be reinstated to deal with some situations that
   became more plausible after 5321 was published. Do we need to take
   this back up?

Unless there is credible proposal in the form of a draft within 4 weeks, 
I propose this issue is to be resolved as "no change required". If you 
have feedback one way or another, please send this in this thread.

Best Regards,

Alexey, as a co-chair

(*) I would usually ask for 2 weeks, but this issue might possibly 
requires writing a draft, so giving it a bit more time.