Subject: [GGIE] New GGIE drafts ahead of IETF96

From: "Deen, Glenn (NBCUniversal)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 00:36:03 +0000

Hi everyone,

I wanted to bring to your attention that there are 2 new GGIE ID drafts
uploaded ahead of Berlin.

The one referenced below,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-deen-daigle-ggie/, is an updated
introduction to GGIE, and as you¹ll see, if you compare it to the -00
draft, it has been updated extensively with technical specifics about the
proposed GGIE approach to improving Internet video.

The second document,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-deen-naik-ggie-men-mpeg-dash/,
details a proposed Media Encoding Network definition for MPEG-DASH.

Don¹t know what a Media Encoding Network is ?  It¹s a new abstraction
introduced by GGIE and detailed in the GGIE Introduction document,
followed by an example for MPEG-DASH in the second document.  Both
documents are pretty short, so why not have a look and find out the detail
behind Media Encoding Networks, the Media Address Resolution Service, and
Media Identifiers.

There will be a demonstration of GGIE during Bits-N-Bytes in the Comcast
booth, and there will be discussion of it at the ART DISPATCH session on
Monday morning at IETF96.

See you in Berlin, and feel to reach out if you¹d like to talk about GGIE
at IETF96.

regards
Glenn Deen

On 6/30/16, 1:19 PM, "I-D-Announce on behalf of [email-masked]"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories.
>
>
>        Title           : Glass to Glass Internet Ecosysten Introduction
>        Authors         : Glenn Deen
>                          Leslie Daigle
>	Filename        : draft-deen-daigle-ggie-01.txt
>	Pages           : 21
>	Date            : 2016-06-30
>
>Abstract:
>   This document introduces the Glass to Glass Internet Ecosystem
>   (GGIE).  GGIE's purpose is to improve how the Internet is used create
>   and consume video, both amateur and professional, reflecting that the
>   line between amateur and professional video technology is
>   increasingly blurred.  Glass to Glass refers to the entire video
>   ecosystem, from the camera lens to the viewing screen.  As the name
>   implies, GGIE's scope is the entire video ecosystem from capture,
>   through the steps of editing, packaging, distributed and searching,
>   and finally viewing.  GGIE is not a complete end to end architecture
>   or solution, it provides foundational elements that can serve as
>   building blocks for new Internet video innovation.
>
>   This is a companion effort to the GGIE W3C Taskforce in the W3C Web
>   and TV Interest Group.
>
>   This document is being discussed on the [email-masked] mailing list.
>
>
>The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-deen-daigle-ggie/
>
>There's also a htmlized version available at:
>https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-deen-daigle-ggie-01
>
>A diff from the previous version is available at:
>https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-deen-daigle-ggie-01
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
>_______________________________________________
>I-D-Announce mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
>Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt