Subject: [GGIE] Video Content Handling -- informal meeting at IETF 100 in Singapore?

From: "Leslie Daigle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 16:40:45 -0400

Hi,

Not looking to do anything formal at IETF 100, but if there are enough 
people interested in discussions (along the lines scoped out below), we 
should find some time and a location.   Please let me know if you are 
interested (and how many of you there are, if responding on behalf of a 
bunch of people :-) ).

Also — if the scoping below isn’t quite right, feel free to suggest 
edits.

Thanks,
Leslie.

Video Content Handling and the IETF

“Video content handling” (delivery, management, etc)  over IP 
networks, from production to distribution till the end user, covers a 
vast range of technologies and uses.  Its use of Internet technologies 
is changing traditional industries and Internet technologies at the same 
time.   Creative uses of technologies for video content handling, and 
opportunities for new uses, abound.  None of this will be realized 
effectively without increased communication between engineers working in 
different parts of the problem space.

The purpose of the group is to provide a forum to discuss current issues 
in handling video on the Internet and with Internet protocols.

The scope is deliberately broad in topics covered, and shallow in terms 
of purpose.  Problems are identified and discussed, and, where possible, 
appropriate venues for further discussion are identified.  Work can be 
done to refine problem statements for individual work items that are 
proposed in IETF WGs or elsewhere.   This forum is appropriate for 
sharing and discussing, but it is not expected to develop protocols or 
technologies.

Breadth of topic areas includes:
	. (end to end) transport, distribution and production of video, across 
multiple (potential) architectures,
	. the existing architectures
	. working within low-resourced networks.

This includes signaling, MPEG multimedia, subtitles, containers and 
gateways/gateway performance.

The important outcomes of discussion are:  knowledge sharing and help in 
framing problem statements and finding appropriate venues to address 
them.

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie Daigle
Principal, ThinkingCat Enterprises
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 06:46:44 +0000

Hi Leslie,
I am interested in continuing the discussion we started at Prague and would like to meet.
Roni Even

> -----Original Message-----
> From: GGIE [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Leslie Daigle
> Sent: יום ה 19 אוקטובר 2017 23:41
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [GGIE] Video Content Handling -- informal meeting at IETF 100 in
> Singapore?
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Not looking to do anything formal at IETF 100, but if there are enough people
> interested in discussions (along the lines scoped out below), we
> Also — if the scoping below isn’t quite right, feel free to suggest edits.
> 
> Thanks,
> Leslie.
> 
> 
> “Video content handling” (delivery, management, etc)  over IP networks,
> from production to distribution till the end user, covers a vast range of
> technologies and uses.  Its use of Internet technologies is changing traditional
> industries and Internet technologies at the same
> opportunities for new uses, abound.  None of this will be realized effectively
> without increased communication between engineers working in different
> parts of the problem space.
> 
> The purpose of the group is to provide a forum to discuss current issues in
> handling video on the Internet and with Internet protocols.
> 
> The scope is deliberately broad in topics covered, and shallow in terms of
> purpose.  Problems are identified and discussed, and, where possible,
> appropriate venues for further discussion are identified.  Work can be done
> to refine problem statements for individual work items that are
> _______________________________________________
> GGIE mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ggie

---

From: Linda Dunbar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 17:27:34 +0000

I am interested in continuing the discussion and would like to meeting in IETF 100. 

Linda Dunbar

-----Original Message-----
From: GGIE [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Roni Even
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 1:47 AM
To: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [GGIE] Video Content Handling -- informal meeting at IETF 100 in Singapore?

Hi Leslie,

> Subject: [GGIE] Video Content Handling -- informal meeting at IETF 100 
> in Singapore?
> 
> Hi,
> 
> interested (and how many of you there are, if responding on behalf of 
> a bunch of people :-) ).
> 
> effectively without increased communication between engineers working 
> in different parts of the problem space.
> 
> The purpose of the group is to provide a forum to discuss current 
> issues in handling video on the Internet and with Internet protocols.
> 
> The scope is deliberately broad in topics covered, and shallow in 
> terms of purpose.  Problems are identified and discussed, and, where 
> possible, appropriate venues for further discussion are identified.  
> Work can be done to refine problem statements for individual work items that are
> 	. (end to end) transport, distribution and production of video, 
> across multiple (potential) architectures,
> The important outcomes of discussion are:  knowledge sharing and help 
> in framing problem statements and finding appropriate venues to 
> address them.
> 
> 
> --
>

---

From: "Huangyihong (Rachel)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 09:53:16 +0000

Hi Leslie,

I'm also interested. Please count me in. Thanks.

BR,
Rachel

> Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 2:47 PM
> To: Leslie Daigle; [email-masked]