Subject: [Hipsec] Brief update of HIP activitities at Vienna

From: [email-masked] (Miika Komu)
Date: Mon Aug 4 02:34:00 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Pekka Nikander wrote:

> I was too busy to much talk to the other implementors, and
> hence I don't know what happened on the implementation front.
> Maybe other's can fill in the details there.

I have been away for two weeks and I haven't been able to read my email.
Anyway, here's a summary of the debugging activies in the IETF:

Less people were present than earlier: Andrew, Mika, Krisu and me.

HIPL expected to continue from where we were left in SF because base
exchange was working just fine in San Francisco. This expectation was not
met due to a couple of reasons. Implementations were not 100 % up-to-date
with the latest draft. Andrew could not test readdressing with HIPL
because he has to do some time-consuming refactoring before readdressing
can be supported in his implementation.

Base exchange was established in both ways after a quite small amount of
debugging in the terminal room. The new cookie mechanism worked perfectly
on the first try in both of the implementations.

-- 
Miika Komu              [email-masked]          http://www.iki.fi/miika/