Subject: [Hipsec] MAST: A perhaps simpler alternativity to HIP?

From: [email-masked] (Pekka Nikander)
Date: Fri Aug 29 08:38:00 2003

http://brandenburg.com/specifications/draft-crocker-mast-proposal-00.txt

   ABSTRACT

      Classic Internet transport protocols use a single source IP
      address and a single destination IP address, as part of the
      identification for an individual data flow.  TCP includes
      these in its definition of a connection and its calculation
      of the header checksum.  Hence the transport service is tied
      to a particular IP address pair. This is problematic for
      multi-homed hosts and for mobile hosts.  Both have multiple
      IP addresses but cannot use more than one, for any single
      transport association (context).  Multiple Address Service
      for Transport (MAST) defines a mechanism that transparently
      supports association of multiple IP addresses with any
      transport association.  It requires no change to the IP
      infrastructure, and no change to IP modules or transport
      modules in the end-systems. Instead, it defines a wedge
      layer between IP and transport that operates only in the end
      systems and affects only participating hosts.

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Moskowitz)
Date: Fri Aug 29 08:49:01 2003

If this is what I think it is, it is equivelant to a HI that is not 
cryptographic.  With all the warnings the HIP architecture has about such 
an approach.

At 04:01 PM 8/29/2003 +0300, Pekka Nikander wrote:
>_______________________________________________
>Hipsec mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://honor.trusecure.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec