Subject: [Hipsec] HIP KEYMAT clarification

From: [email-masked] (Henderson, Thomas R)
Date: Fri Oct 31 18:03:01 2003

Also in Sec. 9,
"Sort(HIT-I | HIT-R) is defined as the numeric network byte=20
order comparison of the HITs, with lower HIT preceding higher
HIT, resulting in the concatenation of the HITs in the said
order."

first, I don't think that network vs host byte order is
germane to the comparison operation-- although it is germane
to the byte ordering of the hash material.  Second, this=20
description does not clarify whether the 128-bit number=20
is considered to be signed vs. unsigned.

Suggested new text:
"Sort(HIT-I | HIT-R) is defined as the network byte order=20
concatenation of the two HITs, with the smaller HIT preceding
the larger HIT, resulting from the numeric comparison of the=20
two HITs interpreted as positive (unsigned) 128-bit integers=20
in network byte order."

Tom