Subject: [Hipsec] Updated HIP mobility & multi-homing draft

From: [email-masked] (Pekka Nikander)
Date: Mon Dec 29 06:38:02 2003

I've posted an updated version of the HIP mobility
and multi-homing draft to the repositories.  In the
mean time, it is available from the following URLs.

http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-nikander-hip-mm-01.txt
http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-nikander-hip-mm-01.html
http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-nikander-hip-mm-01.xml

This version is *considerably* different from the previous
one, in the sense that it has been fully integrated with
the new NES mechanism.  The AC and ACR packets are gone.
It is quite hard to understand the protocol without knowing
the details of the base HIP protocol.

I'd like to get some feedback of the approach.  My belief is
that the new approach will result in less code, provided that
the hosts already implement NES (which is mandatory in HIP).
However, it is also appear harder to understand.

I'm now starting to work on another draft, which will explain
the HIP multihoming mechanism from a multi6 point of view.

--Pekka Nikander