Subject: [Hipsec] Problem installing Hipl

From: [email-masked] (Halestino Pimentel)
Date: Thu Jan 8 11:11:00 2004

Hello,

I'm a "rookie" in HIPL but I would like to make some tests with the 
recent created package to see if HIP really offers the advantages stated 
in the drafts.
Since it's an experimental version I would like to test it under User 
Mode Linux but I'm with some problems.
Here are all the steps I've made:

- host$ mkdir ~/uml
- host$ cd ~/uml
- host$ tar -xvzf hipl.tar.gz
- host$ cd hipl--main--1.0/linux

If I issue the "make xconfig" command there is no problem with the 
kernel options since I can see the Cryptography support (CryptoAPI) 
options.
If I patch the kernel with a uml-patch-2.4.20-X[-X].bz2 to compile it in 
User Mode Linux, I get any failed hunk but when I issue the "make 
xconfig ARCH=um" command I can see the Cryptography support (CryptoAPI) 
options.
So, what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks for any help.

Halestino