Subject: [Fwd: [Hipsec] Problem installing Hipl]

From: [email-masked] (Halestino Pimentel)
Date: Thu Jan 8 13:09:01 2004

After reading my mail I realise that it contained a big mistake. I 
forward it to the list again but without the error.
I would realy apreciate any feedback. Sorry about my english and thanks 
again.

Halestino

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Hipsec] Problem installing Hipl
Date: 	Thu, 08 Jan 2004 16:49:18 +0000
From: 	Halestino Pimentel <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

Hello,

I'm a "rookie" in HIPL but I would like to make some tests with the 
recent created package to see if HIP really offers the advantages stated 
in the drafts.
Since it's an experimental version I would like to test it under User 
Mode Linux but I'm with some problems.
Here are all the steps I've made:

- host$ mkdir ~/uml
- host$ cd ~/uml
- host$ tar -xvzf hipl.tar.gz
- host$ cd hipl--main--1.0/linux

If I issue the "make xconfig" command there is no problem with the 
kernel options since I can see the Cryptography support (CryptoAPI) 
options.
If I patch the kernel with a uml-patch-2.4.20-X[-X].bz2 to compile it in 
User Mode Linux, I get any failed hunk but when I issue the "make 
xconfig ARCH=um" command I can*'t* see the Cryptography support (CryptoAPI) 
options.
So, what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks for any help.

Halestino

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://honor.trusecure.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: [email-masked] (Kristian Slavov)
Date: Fri Jan 9 05:57:01 2004

Halestino Pimentel wrote:

> xconfig ARCH=um" command I can*'t* see the Cryptography support 
> (CryptoAPI) options.

You can't use the default uml-patch-2.4.20-X.
You can find two UML patches in test/patches directory of the HIPL source.
Try using one of them. I think the safest bet would be the hip-uml-2.4.20-8.patch.

If you experience problems or want to give feedback, please use 
[email-masked]

-- 
Kristian Slavov