Subject: [Hipsec] Preliminary version of draft-moskowitz-hip-09

From: [email-masked] (Petri Jokela)
Date: Fri Jan 30 08:22:01 2004

I uploaded pre2 version of the draft-moskowitz-hip-09 to

http://hip4inter.net/drafts.php

There are both text and html versions as well as diffs between 08 -> 
09pre2 and 09pre1 -> 09pre2.

Please, feel free to comment. Shortly (before leaving home):

I have fixed the state machine (a bit) and changed the section 8 to meet 
the current idea of sending I1 as a response to an unknown ESP. This may 
still require fixes...

NES is changed to UPD, NES_INFO parameter to NES, state names changed in 
the state machine, RESYNC state added and R-bit added to the HIP header 
for RESYNC purposes (this requires still some thinking).

HIP_SIGNATURE (1&2) have new type numbers, we propose to leave some 
empty space behind them for possible future use (at the same time, HMAC 
type was changed to keep it below SIGs).

Appendix F contains now help for checksum verification.

Have a nice weekend!

Petri

-- 
Petri Jokela                        Tel:    +358 9 299 2413
Research scientist                  Fax:    +358 9 299 3535
NomadicLab, Ericsson Research       Mobile: +358 44 299 2413
Oy L M Ericsson Ab                  email: [email-masked]