Subject: [Hipsec] Milestone status

From: [email-masked] (Gonzalo Camarillo)
Date: Thu Apr 15 05:22:01 2004

Folks,

we are missing some of our milestones, and we do not want this to 
happen. In any event, being one month behind is not a big deal, as long 
as we are aware of it and take the necessary actions. I expect the 
needed commitment from the persons responsible for each of the documents 
so that we can go back to our planned schedule.

These are the milestones we should be looking at:

1) Mar 04  WG LC on the base protocol specification
2) Mar 04  First version of the HIP basic mobility and multi-homing
         mechanism specification.
3) Mar 04  First version of the HIP DNS resource record(s)
            specification.
4) Apr 04  Complete the base protocol specification and submit it to the
         IESG for Experimental
5) Apr 04  First version of the HIP basic rendezvous mechanism
         specification.

1) there are still a number of open issues in the base spec: removing 
the resync stuff, the R2-lost problem, and rewriting of the ESP section. 
We need to focus on them to be able to have a stable enough spec so that 
it can be WGLCed.

2) We already have Pekka's MM draft. Does anybody object to taking this 
draft as a WG item for the MM milestone?

3) Julien has agreed to release an initial version of the DNS draft at 
the beginning of May.

4) We need to finish the base spec and WGLC it before being able to send 
it for consideration to the IESG.

5) Julien has agreed to release an initial version of the rendezvous 
draft at the end of April or the beginning of May.

Regards,

Gonzalo
HIP co-chair

---

From: [email-masked] (Pekka Nikander)
Date: Thu Apr 15 06:04:03 2004

> 2) We already have Pekka's MM draft. Does anybody object to taking 
> this draft as a WG item for the MM milestone?

Tom H. has promised to produce a next version.  I would suggest that we 
wait for
that version and adopt that draft.  Tom, have you got any idea of when 
you would
have the version available?

--Pekka