Subject: [Hipsec] max retry counters

From: [email-masked] (Petri Jokela)
Date: Thu Apr 8 05:40:04 2004

Wesley Eddy wrote:
> The current HIP draft refers to three constants (I1_RETRIES_MAX,
> I2_RETRIES_MAX, and UPDATE_RETRIES_MAX), but I don't see them
> defined anywhere in the draft, nor do I see any guidance on what
> their values should be set to in an implementation in the draft.
> Their purpose is clear, but whether their values should be 3 or
> 1000 doesn't seem to be discussed.  What have implementers gone
> by?  I think there should be some guideline at least.

Folks, should we have some kind of rough guideline for the counter 
values in the base draft (some limits or other text that gives some 
hints what values implementors could select)? Any opinions?

/petri

-- 
Petri Jokela                        Tel:    +358 9 299 2413
Research scientist                  Fax:    +358 9 299 3535
NomadicLab, Ericsson Research       Mobile: +358 44 299 2413
Oy L M Ericsson Ab                  email: [email-masked]