Subject: [Hipsec] Base spec

From: [email-masked] (Gonzalo Camarillo)
Date: Tue May 18 02:03:01 2004

Folks,

the cut-off for 00 documents for the San Diego meeting is July 12th. I 
would like to have a very stable version of the base spec by then. The 
idea is to have a 3 week WGLC right before San Diego. This way, we could 
resolve any issue that remained unresolved in the face to face meeting.

To meet this time plan, we need to be more aggressive than we have been 
so far closing open issues. That is, brainstorming time is over. We need 
to reach rough consensus and close all the open issues in the tracker.

Petri will be driving this work until he goes on vacation. Then, Jan 
will take over the editorship of the document and will release the 
version that will be WGLCed no later than July 12th.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

---

From: [email-masked] (Tim Shepard)
Date: Fri May 21 10:57:01 2004

> version that will be WGLCed no later than July 12th.

Is the current editing-in-progress version of the base spec publicly
readable somewhere?  (And sorry if this was announced before and I
missed it.)

If not,  perhaps it would be a good idea to push out a new revision of
the internet draft every other week or so between now and then.   That
way, I know what I'm reading is up to date.

Just a suggestion.

(For now, I'm going to go have a look at draft-moskowitz-hip-09.txt .)

			-Tim Shepard
			 [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Pekka Nikander)
Date: Fri May 21 12:59:01 2004

Tim,

> readable somewhere?  (And sorry if this was announced before and I

Petri has been trying to keep a recent version at www.hip4inter.net

http://hip4inter.net/documentation/drafts/draft-moskowitz-hip-10- 
pre2.txt

--Pekka

---

From: [email-masked] (Gonzalo Camarillo)
Date: Sun May 23 18:46:01 2004

Hi Tim,

good suggestion. Nevertheless, I do not know whether Petri has enough 
cycles to release new pre-versions so often. Petri?

In any event, the idea is that a person that reads the last available 
pre-version and the issues in the issue tracker gets an up-to-date idea 
of what's going on.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo         Phone :  +358  9 299 33 71
Oy L M Ericsson Ab        Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
Telecom R&D               Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
FIN-02420 Jorvas          Email :  [email-masked]
Finland                   http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo

---

From: [email-masked] (Petri Jokela)
Date: Mon May 24 02:00:01 2004

Pekka Nikander wrote:
> http://hip4inter.net/documentation/drafts/draft-moskowitz-hip-10- pre2.txt

I'll put next version out soon when the BIRTHDAY / R1_COUNTER related 
texts have been updated in the draft. It will be out some day this week.

After R1_COUNTER related fixes, the most important issue is the UPDATE 
message handling.

Related to issue #37: One question for all: what shall we do with the 
Notification data -field usage? At the moment, the draft specifies 
noticiation data field content only for Type 1 error message. For the 
rest of the types there is nothing specified. So

1) Shall we leave it unspecified at the moment, and concentrate on that 
issue later. This is by no means a critical issue.

2) Shall we try to define these now.

I would go for number 1 choise, and change the issue into "wish" from 
"bug".

/petri