Subject: [Hipsec] DNS support draft online

From: [email-masked] (Julien Laganier)
Date: Thu Jul 15 02:16:00 2004

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

        Title           : Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Domain Name 
System (DNS) Extensions
        Author(s)       : P. Nikander, J. Laganier
        Filename        : draft-nikander-hip-dns-00.txt
        Pages           : 22
        Date            : 2004-7-13
        
This document specifies two new resource records for the Domain Name
   System, and how to use them with the Host Identity Protocol. These
   records allow a HIP node to store in the DNS its Host Identity 
(i.e.,
   its public key), Host Identity Tag (i.e., a truncated hash of its
   public key), and Rendezvous Servers (RVS).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nikander-hip-dns-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body 
of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-nikander-hip-dns-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nikander-hip-dns-00.txt".
        
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" 
or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail 
readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been 
split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation 
on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nikander-hip-dns-00.txt>
 
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce