Subject: [Hipsec] Moving the base spec forward

From: [email-masked] (Pekka Nikander)
Date: Mon Sep 6 13:10:01 2004

Dear HIP Chairs & Editors,

We are long past our Base spec milestone.    As I don't see any
specific reason why the base spec couldn't move forward, I urge
you to take whatever action is needed to get the base spec to
LC and then to IESG.

--Pekka Nikander

---

From: [email-masked] (Gonzalo Camarillo)
Date: Mon Sep 6 16:20:01 2004

Pekka,

we had a meeting with the editors in San Diego regarding this issue. 
After that meeting, David and I met our ADs, and the conclusion was that 
we will not add new stuff to the base spec at this time (e.g., for 
making it more multi6 friendly), but we will wait a little before 
WGLCing it to get some implementation experience which may be useful to 
fix potential bugs in the current spec.

According to the editors, a realistic timeframe for sending the base 
spec to the IESG would be spring 05. We intend to update our miletone 
dates shortly.

Thanks,

Gonzalo