Subject: [Hipsec] IETF61 interoperability tests

From: [email-masked] (Ahrenholz, Jeffrey M)
Date: Mon Nov 15 16:33:00 2004

Hi folks,
During the 61st IETF meeting in WA D.C., Boeing
(http://hipserver.mct.phantomworks.org/) and HIPL
(http://hipl.hiit.fi/hipl/) did some interoperability testing.

Here is a summary of testing:
draft-ietf-hip-base-00 was tested OK.
- NULL and 3DES HMAC-SHA1 transforms were tested
- random IVs were tested
- base exchanges were IPv6-only (Boeing supports IPv4, HIPL IPv4 support
is coming soon)
- base exchange was successful between HIPL and Boeing's HIP for Windows
XP (without ESP support)

draft-ietf-hip-mm-00 testing was mostly successful, but incomplete.
- UPDATE packet exchange correct
- rekeying without new DH works
- some draft ambiguities were raised
- While readdressing works for both implementations with themselves,
Boeing doesn't create the new SAs when HIPL readdresses, and further
testing is needed