Subject: [Hipsec] Re: Addressing WG LC comments on draft-ietf-hip-arch

From: [email-masked] (Henderson, Thomas R)
Date: Tue Dec 21 12:03:02 2004

> >>>    address and totally ignore the source address.  However, as  
> >>> discussed
> >>
> >> s/totally//
> > 
> > Fixed, though I don't understand exactly why.
> 
> Slang. Everytime I read "totally" I hear it with an LA valley 
> girl accent...
> 

This is good fodder for an April 1 draft:

   The Internet has, like, two totally cool global namespaces: Internet Protocol
   (IP) addresses and Domain Name Service (DNS) names.  These two namespaces
   have a set of super-nice features and abstractions that have totally powered
   the Internet to what it is today.  They also have a number of weaknesses
   that are grody to the max.  Like, basically, since they are all we have,
   we try and do too much with them.  Semantic overloading and functionality 
   extensions have greatly complicated these namespaces, so much that I am like
   freaking out totally.  Oh my God!