Subject: [Hipsec] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-henderson-hip-applications-00.txt

From: [email-masked] (Henderson, Thomas R)
Date: Wed Feb 16 17:12:01 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]=20
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:23 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-henderson-hip-applications-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Using HIP with Legacy Applications
	Author(s)	: T. Henderson
	Filename	: draft-henderson-hip-applications-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-2-15
=09
The Host Identity Protocol and architecture (HIP) proposes to add a
   cryptographic name space for network stack names.  From an
   application viewpoint, HIP-enabled systems support a new address
   family (e.g., AF_HOST), but it may be a long time until such
   HIP-aware applications are widely deployed even if host systems are
   upgraded.  This informational document discusses implementation and
   API issues relating to using HIP in situations in which the system is
   HIP-aware but the applications are not.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-henderson-hip-applications-00.
txt