Subject: [Hipsec] ECHO_* parameters

From: "Henderson, Thomas R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:16:26 -0700

The ECHO_REQUEST and ECHO_RESPONSE are listed as non-critical parameters
inside the signature, and critical outside the signature.

As presently defined, they should be "critical" in both places.  While
their use is optional in some packets, it seems to me that if
ECHO_REQUEST is present, ECHO_RESPONSE MUST be sent.  At least this is
the case in the CLOSE/CLOSE_ACK packets.

Tom 

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: Petri Jokela <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:46:54 +0300

> the case in the CLOSE/CLOSE_ACK packets.

True. This was indicated by Jeff at some point, and changed to the
previous version (25.5.05).

/petri

-- 
Petri Jokela                        Tel:    +358 9 299 2413
Research scientist                  Fax:    +358 9 299 3535
NomadicLab, Ericsson Research       Mobile: +358 44 299 2413
Oy L M Ericsson Ab                  email: [email-masked]