Subject: [Hipsec] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 15:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: HIP Extensions for the Traversal of Network Address Translators
	Author(s)	: V. Schmitt, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-02.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2007-7-6
	
The Host Identity Protocol (HIP) provides a new namespace that can be
   used for uniquely identifying hosts in public and also in private
   address realms.  Usually, HIP control and data traffic cannot
   traverse Network Address Translators (NATs), that hinders general
   deployment.  This document specifies NAT traversal extensions for
   HIP.  As HIP is located between network and transport layer, the
   extensions also provide general-purpose NAT traversal support for all
   high-layer networking applications that run over HIP.  The basic
   design concepts for these extensions have been adopted from the
   Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) protocol to HIP.  Using
   the specified extensions, two HIP-capable hosts are able to
   communicate with each other even when they are in different private
   address realms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec